ARC Review: In the Presence of Knowing (Secrets of Windy Springs, #1) by Valarie Savage Kinney

34601833Title: In the Presence of Knowing
Author: Valarie Savage Kinney
Published: April 18, 2017
Publisher: Self
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Page: 198
Review: ARC provided by author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



Keisha is pregnant and on the run from an abusive ex-boyfriend. Hiding out at Windy Springs Renaissance Festival, she discovers a world of magic.
Stepping into new and unfamiliar territory, she finds herself among people different from any she’s met before. Though she feels she’ll never fit in, Keisha finds hope when she meets Rogan, who plays the troll. As friendship blossoms into romance, she soon discovers that Rogan, as well as others at Windy Springs, have abilities beyond the average individual – abilities that the child growing within her shares as well. When danger comes to Windy Springs, she’ll need the combined powers of Rogan and his friends to keep her and the baby safe.
In the Presence of Knowing is the first book in the Secrets of Windy Springs series. Grab your copy today and find out what mysteries await within the magical forest at Windy Springs.


I received this book to give an honest review.

I have read other books by this author and I have to say I do like her writing style so I expected this book to be a bit different but yet good at the same time. I can honestly say I almost threw my kindle when I got to the very end of the book and there was a HUGE cliffhanger. We are introduced to Layla who is in an abusive relationship and pregnant. When she runs away from her ex-boyfriend she joins her friend at a Renaissance Festival and helps her and her business out. Though it seems that this Festival is more than just a festival. While Layla is there she finds love with an unlikely character and we watch as their friendship blossoms into something more. 
When we get towards the end we learn about what exactly the knowing is about and how Layla is apart of it. 

As far as characters go I thought they were well developed. I think my favorite character was Rogan and just how sensitive and a gentleman that he was, really called to me. It seems that Rogan will do anything for Layla and go to great depths to protect her.
I think this is going to become a good series as I am hoping to read more about the Knowing and maybe Cordelia and why she gives off bad vibes. I really enjoyed the magical element from the Renaissance Festival that the author brought to life. It makes for a good setting.




Valarie Savage Kinney
Valarie Kinney is a writer, fiber artist and Renaissance Festival junkie with a wicked caffeine addiction. She resides in Michigan with her husband, four children, and two insane little dogs. Author of Heckled, Slither, Just Hold On, and the Secrets of Windy Springs series, as well as short stories included in various anthologies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016