Review: Suffer the Children by Craig DiLouie

18211208
From an acclaimed horror writer, a chilling tale of blood-hungry children who rise from the dead in this innovative spin on apocalyptic vampire fiction.
Suffer the Children presents a terrifying tale of apocalyptic fiction, as readers are introduced to Herod's Syndrome, a devastating illness that suddenly and swiftly kills all young children across the globe. Soon, they return from the grave…and ask for blood. And with blood, they stop being dead. They continue to remain the children they once were...but only for a short time, as they need more blood to live. The average human body holds ten pints of blood, so the inevitable question for parents everywhere becomes: How far would you go to bring your child back?


I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

How far would you go to save your child/ren? That is the question that is answered in this book with the parents. It seems they will do the unthinkable thing that they ever imagined. 
I saw this title and was like it has to be a great book to read not only that after reading the blurb I knew I had to read this book. Little did I know that I would find a story that will stick with me. I need to keep my eye on this author for sure. 

Everything seems normal when you first start reading, you start off reading from different points of view from parents before Herod's Syndrome hits.  You go through what they feel when they lose their children, and how they cope and what they do. 
When the children starting dying out of the blue, and then come back to life they have a hunger like nothing before. But what will satisfy them? The world has been turned upside down, and there seems to be no right or wrong. 

I liked how this story was told in detail from the different parents or those that dealt with children. You have David the Doctor and his wife, Doug and his wife, and Ramona a single mother. 

The accounts are chilling, I have never read a horror story without the gory blood and guts that keeps me on my toes. And I actually enjoyed that. It is amazing what parents would do for their children. 

The world that this author built was astounding, the characters felt real like ordinary every day people. Example the way that Doug was the soul provider for his family and worked and worked sounds just like my husband minus the drinking. 

I enjoyed how the author explained Herod's Syndrome along with other parasites that are in the real world it makes it scary once you think about it.  
I highly recommend this book!











Craig DiLouie
Craig DiLouie is the author of zombie favorites THE INFECTION, THE KILLING FLOOR, THE RETREAT and TOOTH AND NAIL, as well as THE GREAT PLANET ROBBERY, a science fiction novel, and PARANOIA, a psychological thriller. His latest apocalyptic horror novel, SUFFER THE CHILDREN, was published May 2014.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016