Library book: A Court of Frost and Starlight 3.5 by Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
Published: 5/1/2018
Pages: 263
Genre: Fantasy
Review: library book
Feyre, Rhysand, and their friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly altered world beyond, recovering from the war that changed everything. But Winter Solstice is finally approaching, and with it, the joy of a hard-earned reprieve.
Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, her concern for those dearest to her deepens. They have more wounds than she anticipated-scars that will have a far-reaching impact on the future of their court.
Bridging the events of A Court of Wings and Ruin with the later books in the series, A Court of Frost and Starlight explores the far-reaching effects of a devastating war and the fierce love between friends.
Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, her concern for those dearest to her deepens. They have more wounds than she anticipated-scars that will have a far-reaching impact on the future of their court.
Bridging the events of A Court of Wings and Ruin with the later books in the series, A Court of Frost and Starlight explores the far-reaching effects of a devastating war and the fierce love between friends.
I really love how we have watched these characters grow and really go through some trials. The banter that the family has going on between them is just awesome! There is never a dull moment with them. The characters get to live normal life for just a bit and that was exciting to see. Though we get to learn that not everyone is back to normal and some are struggling more than others with the life they are now living.
I didn't like the way the Feyre was towards Lucian. I know he is struggling not being able to be with his "mate" even though he doesn't want it, as well as not being part of the court with Tamlin. So if he is learning who he is and he has his people, let it go. No need to force that fully; he will come around if he wants to. I do believe Feyre tries so hard to fix everything, and she needs to learn that sometimes things need time to heal, and interfering will not fix things. I do believe we could have done a lot without the whole mind reading and wanting to have sex pretty much all the time between Feyre and Rhys. Like is there any other characters who are doing the nasty? No, just them two? Okay. It seems our other characters are doing a lot of dancing around feelings and attitudes that it is like okay let's do something. I feel bad for Cassian who likes Nesta and won't give up. Like man dude she has some issues going on right now, she may not be willing to hang with you or anyone. However, Nesta needs to learn how to work through her problems.
I will say out of everything that I love how Feyre and Rhys try to help their community in small ways.
So, I’m currently writing this from Adelaide, Australia (which is awesomeee), and just spent the past two weeks in New Zealand, road tripping from Auckland all the way down to Queenstown (no words to describe how amazing this trip was, but perhaps my Instagram will do it some justice)! I’ll have a more detailed recap of everything in my December newsletter, but because I’m on the road





Comments
Post a Comment