NetGalley: Stockers by K. James



Publisher: Indie
Published: 9/5/2023
Pages: unknown
Genre: psychological thriller
Review: NetGalley




Raised in the wilds of Scandinavia, Ingrid and her brothers must do as they're told to survive – Even if they think it's wrong.

Following the instructions given by her distant father, Ingrid knows she must stay in the house and out of the way of the family business. But after learning the truth about what her brothers get up to when they leave for work, she's finding it harder and harder to stay quiet.

Ingrid's three older brothers, Johan, Mikael, and Lars, dote on her whenever they have the time and try their best to keep her from the realities of their jobs. But when she involves herself in their new assignment, family secrets become exposed, and their father's fury cannot be detained.

What has their frail, aging father been hiding from them all this time?

What darkness is hiding among the dense forests of Scandinavia?






"I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own."
So, this story differed from where I expected it to go. I wasn't expecting the mythology woven into the storyline, which seemed weird to throw in there. When we start the story, we are introduced to a young girl whose whole family is killed, and a wolf appears. Then we dive into a whole other side of things with brothers, a sister, and a dad who seems to be crippled. I wondered if the person in the first chapter was Ingrid. 
It seems the three brothers in our stories are kidnappers and seem to have a bit of a demented side. As our story unfolds, I found it weird that all of a sudden, the brothers grew a heart and didn't want to see their captive killed. I mean they had to know what happens to kidnapped people. I found the twist with Ingrid weird because she showed no other signs of anything but being told not to go out and about. 
The storyline didn't flow as I expected, and it just had too many elements trying to go together that needed to work better together. Would I read book two? I would because I want to know more about Ingrid and why she turned out the way she did. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016