The Noise: James Patterson and J.D. Barker



Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Published: 8/16/2021
Pages: 400
Genre: Horror
Review: library book


A mysterious explosion kills thousands in the Pacific Northwest—and only two young girls survive. The newest in psychological suspense from the mind of James Patterson.
Two sisters have always stood together. Now, they’re the only ones left.

In the shadow of Mount Hood, sixteen-year-old Tennant is checking rabbit traps with her eight-year-old sister Sophie when the girls are suddenly overcome by a strange vibration rising out of the forest, building in intensity until it sounds like a deafening crescendo of screams. From out of nowhere, their father sweeps them up and drops them through a trapdoor into a storm cellar. But the sound only gets worse…

I would say this was sorta like the Bird Box but with zombies with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. The world starts vibrating, and from those vibrations, people are changing. It is not for good but for the worse. It is up to a group of people to figure out what is going on or what they can do to stop this because the world will be destroyed. I would honestly say I was impressed with it. Can you imagine the sound getting louder and louder, and you have to learn how to survive and get out of the way? Read this book, sit down with your favorite snack, turn off your phone, and read. There is plenty of action; at times, I did feel things were a bit repetitive, but I can overlook that, and it won't affect my rating.  
 James Patterson is a good author. I wouldn't say he is my favorite, but I enjoy some of his books from time to time. I have never heard of J.D. Barker, so if this is he/she helping co-author, I like it. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016