The Man Who Murdered My Mother: A Daughter's Journey of Seeking Justice by Tina Ann Healey

52892430. sx318 sy475

Title: The Man Who Murdered My Mother
Author: Tina Healey
Published: June 20, 2019
Publisher: Black Rose Writing
Pages: 325
Genre: Death, Murder
Review: ebook
Buy Link: Amazon





When I was two years old, my mother, Donna Litchfield was brutally murdered by Stephen Moore. My mother had broken up with Stephen—her boyfriend, at the time—only a day prior to being killed. A jury found Stephen guilty of the stabbing murder and the judge sentenced him to life in prison. Moore was sent to the maximum-security Trenton State Prison.

Stephen Moore escaped from Trenton State Prison and was on the run for five years. After he turned himself in, he was shipped off to a mental institution, which closed a few years ago. He was then sent to a private mental institution. Moore’s sentence was overturned: not guilty by reason of insanity.


This was not a really good read for me. I really tried to enjoy it and get into it but I felt as though it was missing something powerful for me. Though I have to say I am impressed with her will to get answers for the murder of her mother and to get a law passed. I do hope it passes. You can see she has a passion for it.
 In this true story, we are introduced to Tina, whose mother was gruesomely murdered she wants an answer, but it seems that all she gets is the run-around.  Heck, I don't truly understand how it all went down with him being accused but then yet again found not guilty later. It honestly sounds like some people just do not know how to do their jobs. I would also like to know why she was not getting phone calls back..it seems like there is more here and that people were hiding something.
A problem that bothered me was her friend. She grabs the children and puts them in the car but she doesn't go back in for her friend and then sure hangs up after calling 911? I mean really? I would have still called them and if it ended up being nothing well so be it. Now I am sure her friend feels bad about that, but honestly, it just bothers me. 

There were many errors within the story, so another round of edits might need to be done, and before anyone says anything I know she presented us with it as an original. So don't get your panties in a wad. Just in the retelling of her memories and what she was doing to get the justice that was where the errors were. 


Tina Healey lives in Sparta, New Jersey with her husband and 2 children. She is involved in many civic and social programs, and is currently pursing a career in Private Investigation. Tina's passion, however, is in advocating for the passing of Donna's Law, first in New Jersey, then nationwide. Donna's Law would remove the charge of Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, making it more appropriately Guilty by Reason of Insanity. By changing the law and ensuring a Guilty charge, the victims' families will have the right to information to which they otherwise would not be privileged. Tina's plight in advocating for this change in law would also provide accountability for the atrocious crimes committed and raise much needed awareness for the difference between the mentally insane and the criminally insane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016