The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino #2) by Loreth Anne White

34873257. sy475

Title: The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino #2)
Author: Loreth Anne White
Pages: 380
Published: Nov. 14, 2017
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Genre: Murder mystery
Review: library book
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 





Detective Angie Pallorino took down a serial killer permanently and, according to her superiors, with excessive force. Benched on a desk assignment for twelve months, Angie struggles to maintain her sense of identity—if she’s not a detective, who is she? Then a decades-old cold case washes ashore, pulling her into an investigation she recognizes as deeply personal.
Angie’s lover and partner, James Maddocks, sees it, too. But spearheading an ongoing probe into a sex-trafficking ring and keeping Angie’s increasing obsession with her case in check is taking its toll. However, as startling connections between the parallel investigations emerge, Maddocks realizes he has more than Angie’s emotional state to worry about.
Driven and desperate to solve her case, Angie goes rogue, risking her relationship, career, and very life in pursuit of answers. She’ll learn that some truths are too painful to bear, and some sacrifices include collateral damage.
But Angie Pallorino won’t let it go. She can’t. It’s not in her blood.


So I just happened to be looking at the new section of library books at my library and noticed this cover. It sorta looked like I had seen something like it before but I couldn't remember where. I noticed the author and I kept thinking I read something before by her but what was it. So thank goodness for Goodreads because this gal pulled out her phone and went to town on searching. I had read the first book by her and I loved this book!!! I loved reading about Angie who works in Sex crimes and I remember her and the case she was on, as it all came rushing back to me. So I jumped on getting book 2 and book 3. I dived into this book and feel in love with the story right away. Angie is a character who sadly comes from a bad past as far as childhood goes though she was raised with wonderful parents. If you haven't read book 1 I highly suggest you pick it up before you jump into book 2 as Angie's past will play a part into her getting answers in this one.

She is determined to get the answers as to who her real parents are, and why she was left in the cradle. What she doesn't realize is that everything will come full circle. Cases will intertwine and she will be fighting for her life. Angie will also learn that Maddox is falling for her and the question will be asked does she feel the same as him?
While trying to solve her cold case she is on probation for her actions involving the Baptist so this case with the Barcode girls is really eating at her. She should be involved yet, she is behind a desk with a boring job. It is totally eating at her and she will soon realize that her actions will have consequences.  It seems that someone wants the Barcode girls to shut it and they will do anything to make sure they are kept quiet because dead girls can't talk.
When we get to the end and Maddox asked Angie a question I didn't like that he did that. I feel like he was being too pushy with her. Angie has overcome a lot especially with her addiction but she still fights within herself to not lose control. With Maddox asking it bothered me. Like really dude? You needed to wait a bit on that. 
Overall the book was amazing! The characters were great, the way the cases came together was awesome, the action was there. This was a page-turner.




Loreth Anne White
Loreth Anne White is an internationally bestselling author of thrillers, mysteries, and romantic suspense. A three-time RITA finalist, she is also the Overall 2017 Daphne du Maurier Award winner, and she has won the Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award, the National Readers’ Choice Award, and the Romantic Crown for Best Romantic Suspense and Best Book Overall, in addition to being a Booksellers’ Best finalist, and a multiple CataRomance Reviewers’ Choice Award winner.

A recovering journalist who has worked in both South Africa and Canada, she now resides in the haunting mountains of the Pacific Northwest with her family ... where she tries to avoid the bears, albeit unsuccessfully! When she’s not writing, you will find her skiing, biking, or hiking the trails with her dog (aka the Black Beast). Or open water swimming. She calls this work, because that's when the best ideas come.


You find her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Loreth.Anne.White
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Loreth
Or connect with her via her website at:
www.lorethannewhite.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austim Awarness Month! Devon's story told by his mother Sara B. Please read below is a giveaway!!!

Book Feature and Interview with Tara Finnegan!!!

Review: Suffer the Children by Craig DiLouie