The Girl Without a Name (Zoe Goldman #2) by Sandra Block


24488233

Title: The Girl Without A Name
Author: Sandra Block
Published: Sept. 8, 2015
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Pages: 369
Genre: Thrillers
Review: Paperback from library
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


In what passes for an ordinary day in a psych ward, Dr. Zoe Goldman is stumped when a highly unusual case arrives. A young African American girl, found wandering the streets of Buffalo in a catatonic state, is brought in by police. No one has come forward to claim her, and all leads have been exhausted, so Zoe's treatment is the last hope to discover the girl's identity.
When drugs prove ineffective and medical science seems to be failing, Zoe takes matters into her own hands to track down Jane Doe's family and piece together their checkered history. As she unearths their secrets, she finds that monsters hide where they are least expected. And now she must solve the mystery before it is too late. Because someone wants to make sure this young girl never remembers.
The Girl Without a Name is a powerful novel of memory and forgetting, of unexpected friendship and understanding...and of the secrets we protect no matter the consequences.

This was in the school library and I knew I had to pick it up to see if it was good. I have seen this book floating around the internet but I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good one or not.
What I didn't expect was to like it a lot. Once I started it was hard for me to put it down. I do wish I had read the book before this one because I felt that I could have gotten to know Zoe better as a person. There seemed to be references to something that happened in the previous book that has piqued my curiosity. 
Zoe is a Dr. who seems to be on probation but takes her job very seriously. She worries about her patients and when one comes to her she finds herself determined to figure out who exactly she is. What she uncovers is something far more than she ever thought of happening especially right under her nose. 
What happens if the young woman ends up remember is the question that will be wondered.

Characters I liked I am more intrigued with Zo and what she has going on with herself. Another thing I liked about Zo is that she isn't just this amazing doctor but she has her flaws and she tries to work through them. 
The plot was steady and kept me on my toes trying to figure out who is all behind it. 
I will be looking for the next one in this series! 



Sandra Block
 Sandra A. Block graduated from college at Harvard, then returned to her native land of Buffalo, New York for medical training and never left. She is a practicing neurologist and proud Sabres fan, and lives at home with her husband, two children, and impetuous yellow lab Delilah. She has been published in both medical and poetry journals. "The Girl Without a Name" is her second Zoe Goldman novel. Her debut was "Little Black Lies."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016