Broken Image by Rene D. Schultz

22084690

Title: Broken Images
Author: Rene D. Schultz
Pages: 247
Genre: Women's Fiction
Published: May 17, 2014
Review: ebook provided by author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



Women are constantly pressured with the overwhelming message that achieving ‘perfect beauty’ is mandatory to be accepted and successful.
Mercedes survived a childhood with a hateful and mentally ill mother who constantly called her an ‘ugly duckling.’ Now, at twenty-nine, she’s a brilliant financial icon in Beverly Hills. She knew she was not beautiful, or stunning, or even close to either. She was plain, simple, and ordinary. Take this journey with Mercedes and her four friends who live in a city that judges a woman solely by her outside and not her inside. Will the pressure to obtain beauty become her downfall? Will Mercedes be forced to face decisions that would change her life forever? Or will reality raise its ugly head and teach her the biggest lesson of her life?



I received this book to give an honest review.

We are introduced to Mercedes who is very successful yet she has a simple beauty about her though she doesn't see it herself. She knows her friends never judge how she looks but yet they seem to pressure her just slightly into changing who she is on the outside and we see how Mercedes deals with the changes. It isn't easy changing how you look especially when you start seeing how the people around you treat you. Mercedes can really see the difference in her everyday life the way she is treated with attention. 

Sometimes there is no need for changing yourself just because everyone suggests it. You should feel happy with how you look and feel and this is something Mercedes needs to do.

We read as she goes through a lot of different emotions, and I can say at the end I loved that little curveball that was in it. 

This is one book I would highly suggest people read if you want to change the way you look but you are not sure. Not because it is going to tell you not to do it but it has you think about how you might feel. 





I’m divorced and I live in a small community just north of Los Angeles where I raised my two sons. I love to garden, try new recipes, take lots of pictures, and occasionally I enjoy a glass of wine with dear friends. I’ve never jumped out of a plane, climbed Mt. Everest, or seen the Northern Lights of Alaska. But, I have danced in the rain, sent a message in a bottle, and I’ve rode my motorcycle down The Pacific Coast Highway on sunny California days! 
After my divorce, I waltzed into the world of online dating. I didn’t find my knight-in-shining armor, but instead in 2008, I wrote a very successful book on my entertaining experiences. My first book “Searching4MrRight.com” was published by a small press and you can find it on Amazon. 
My first fiction novel “Bishop Street” is coming out July 2013. This story is about four powerful friendships that begin at Bishop Street Orphanage. It continues with lies and deceit after they leave at eighteen. Then, twenty years later, redemption plays out and ultimately the strength that got them through their childhood becomes the catalyst that binds them back together. My passion of writing has lead me on the most amazing journey. Now, my focus is on fiction. I thrive on developing strong storylines that showcase today’s contemporary lifestyles. Rags to riches, Robinhood, and surviving the odds, seems to be my one common denominator that showcases my fascinating and diverse characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016