Emily (Frank Dempsey #1) by T.C. Chadinha

19082550

Title: Emily 
Author: TC Chadinha
Published: Dec, 17, 2013
Pages: 286
Publisher: Antonio Chadinha 
Genre: Thriller/Suspense
*For mature readers does have sex trafficking*
Review: ebook 
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



After Emily Thomas, daughter of the American ambassador to South Africa, is kidnapped, tough cop Detective Captain Frank Dempsey and suspended CIA Agent Nick Crowley search for her in a high-speed chase across treacherous Africa. They discover the kidnappers have no intention of releasing her. Is she earmarked for the international sex slave trade? Will they find her? Who’s behind the conspiracy and why?

Now for cover wise this book doesn't call out to me but when I read the blurb and title I figured it was going to be good. I was not disappointed. Once I started this book it was hard for me to put down.
We have Detective Frank and CIA Agent Nick who will stop at nothing to find this missing girl named Emily. Why just her though? Well she is the daughter of an American Ambassador. It was pretty cool having Nick and Frank work together because they really seemed to get each other. 
This setting all takes place in South Africa and man oh man it sounds scary to be there especially if you are American. There are a few scenes that had me gasping like a fish out of water but I loved how it was brutal. So it felt like these situations could happen. I don't think I have read many books where the country is brought to life and what actually runs a country. It is all about money. 
As Frank and Nick along with a couple of friends who Nick knows they will uncover so much and finally learn who was behind the kidnapping of Emily. Everything makes a full circle for a reason you just have find out why.
This book was filled with plenty of action and flowed at a steady past which was great. 
I hope this author continues writing and especially writing with this character Frank.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White