Asylum 54.0 by Nadège Richards

35744046

Title: Asylum 54.0
Author: Nadege Richards
Published: July 13, 2017
Publisher: Self
Pages: 417
Genre: Sci-fi
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


They left us behind. Some say it was a mistake, while others say it was a purge. As for me? Well, I say it was my damned liberation. They call me Ari. Three years after being captured by the Reapers, I am no longer human. With the Y506-Virus destroying what's left of Silo, no one truly is anymore. We now work for them, these things that control us. We kill for them, warding off the black-eyed leviathans that roam the desert hills. In return, we get to keep some piece of our past. But you see, not all of us are compliant. Not all of us could be changed. We haven't forgotten. I'm different, and so is Jonathus. There are much more like us. They took my mother and threatened the life of my sister, forcing me into a life of exile. I am hellbent on my revenge. Taking back Silo one asylum at a time is our means to an end. Joining the Underground is only the beginning... My name is Mathai Porter. The invasion starts now.

So I have had this book on my radar for a while but just haven't had time to read it. So this book was part of my challenge for myself to get through not only books that I need to get through, but books I just want to read. 

As I started reading I was a bit confused because of how we were introduced to Mathai because we were introduced then it flipped to a new scene. I kept thinking to myself as I kept reading on I just hope that all the answers will come! Sure enough, they did but it took a while.  Ari is no longer a human but she doesn't remember much of anything. Slowly over time with the help of those that are not like the reapers Ari starts to remember. 
I really did like the story-line and how it was a steady pace. The characters were well developed and I want more of this world. I want to know if Ari and her team will do what they need to help others and survive. 
One thing that I really enjoyed about Mathai is that she never gave in to those that wanted to control her. You could tell she was different from everyone! She is a very strong character. 
This author needs to just keep on writing more of this world she is amazing!






Nadège Richards
Nadège Richards is the author of the Bleeding Heart Trilogy and currently attends University for her BA in print journalism. Her name is of French origin, though she's never been to France. She wrote her first novel about aliens and goats in the 8th grade and has had a passion for story-telling ever since. Her friends and family are her biggest inspiration, and the occasional cup of tea.
When not reading and writing obsessively, she's usually found studying, social networking, or at home with her family in sunny Pennsylvania.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016