ARC Veiled by Stacey Rouke

36434960

Title: Veiled
Author: Stacey Rourk
Published: Nov. 6, 2017
Publisher: Anchor Group Publishing
Pages: 215
Review: ARC received by author 
Genre: YA, Vampire
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



Political propaganda would have us believe vampires are our friends. Fanged teddy bears misunderstood thanks to archaic lore. Activists picket for them to be welcomed into our society.

They claim vamps don't kill.
They preach we are safe.
They ... are dead wrong.

One year ago a hive slaughtered my family and left me for dead. Found by a team of scientists with their own agenda, I was forged into an unstoppable weapon.

I possess their strength, with none of their weaknesses.
I can move among them free from their crippling hunger.
I am their greatest threat.

Armed with this arsenal, vengeance will feed my desire to penetrate the seedy underbelly of their fetishized lifestyle and expose them for the monsters they truly are.



I received an ARC copy to give an honest review.
So I am glad to see this author stepping out into the genre of vampires, though I have to say with this book I was a bit confused with some scenes. I sat here for a while before doing my review so see how I  can write it without giving anything away. I won't be able to do that because when I start dropping names or certain scenes if gives things away. So for me being confused during some parts I had to drop my rating down to a 4, though I will say I will read book two when it comes out because the book ended on a cliff hanger that has me asking questions. One thing I will say is to pay attention to the chapter titles, that way you won't get as confused as I did. 

As far as characters go I liked the main character and her humor I expect at least one or two characters to have a witty personality about them and the author did not fail at that. 
I really enjoyed how the author put in the history of Vlad the Impaler because I have only heard his name once before so as soon as I finished the book I went to get some more information on him. 

We are introduced to Vincenza who when you see what happens to her you just know that she is going to have to get revenge. Yet it isn't the revenge you would think, it seems that her parents kind of prepared for something to happen and with the help of Micah Vincenza will get her revenge among other things. You can just tell there is more to the story than just revenge. As we go back and forth between the past and the present we also get flashbacks so just make sure you pay attention.
When we get towards the end I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did and it does have me wanting to read the next book. 





Stacey Rourke
Stacey Rourke is the award winning author of works that span genres, but possess the same flare for action and snarky humor. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and two giant dogs. Stacey loves to travel, has an unhealthy shoe addiction, and considers herself blessed to make a career out of talking to the imaginary people that live in her head.


Visit her at www.staceyrourke.com
Facebook at www.facebook.com/staceyrourkeauthor
or on Twitter or instagram @Rourkewrites.
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White