Full Circle (Shattered Lives, Book Five) by Rissa Blakeley

33951775


Title: Full Circle (Shattered Lives #5)
Author: Rissa Blakeley
Published: April 4, 2017
Publisher: Self
Pages: 513
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk  



With Erik Carlson’s treatment plan in place, he and Luke Richards head back to the East End of London…and where it all started.
The treatment sends Luke into a whirlwind of sickness, bordering on true death. Feeling as if he were losing the battle, anger and hatred rule his every waking moment.
Will Luke survive his treatments and return to his life as Henry Daniels?
After Henry’s death, Gunther Erikkson feels guilt-ridden. Even with Cora standing by his side, he finds it difficult to allow himself to heal.
Will Gunther accept Cora’s love?
Elaina spends her time mourning Henry, neglecting herself, dropping all responsibilities on Anne. A realization hits, sending her into a downward spiral of fear and sadness…until someone from Henry’s past sweeps her off her feet.Will Elaina allow herself to move forward and fulfill Henry’s final wish?

What can I honestly say about this series that I have learned that the characters redeem themselves in my eyes. I think the only thing I can say is PICK UP THIS SERIES!!! It will tug at your heart and have you go through so many mixed emotions. I really felt that the ending this author wrote for this book is freaking awesome, I believe it went perfect with how the story was going to go. I don't think I could have imagined it going any other way. 
In the previous book I had a huge issue with Cora, I could not stand the way she treated Gunther especially when he was grieving. In this book she finally redeemed herself, heck the whole crew of characters did. I found myself sad that this was the last book in this series. 
Everything is going good with everyone or so it seems. Henry is still fighting his demons and they are worst than ever before, he believes he is turning into his father. When he is offered a chance to possibly be human will he take it and leave everyone behind? Or will he be okay with having clean blood to live on for the rest of his life? Answers will be answered, a past uncovered will heal the wounds and scars that were given. To me this book was about healing and like that title says full circle, I felt this is what was needed for Henry/Luke. I think he needed to come full circle in his life to be able to heal. There will be heartache, tears, hate, love, and forgiveness all through out the story. If you haven't started this series I highly suggest you do it, they do need to be read in order.
My heart went out to Elaina and what she had to endure as what she was put through. I can't imagine her pain but it cut through my heart like a knife, especially with Nicky being so young. 
Around 79% into the book I found myself getting antsy and wondering how this showdown was going to go, I don't think my heart as ever raced as much as it did with this book at that point.
One of my favorite scenes that I found myself giggling like a school girl was the bedroom scene with Gunther and furniture. That is all I am going to say on that. 
I am so glad I found this author and her work. If she can write damn good stories like this I will be reading more of her work in the future. 







Rissa Blakeley
Rissa Blakeley is the author of a fantasy paranormal series, Corvidae Guard, and a post-apocalyptic saga, Shattered Lives, which features a paranormal twist and has been adapted into graphic novel form.
As a native New Yorker, Rissa is now a Georgia transplant who is completely addicted to black coffee and La Croix, obsessively listening to songs on repeat. Her days are packed with characters screaming for more scenes, cats living up to their Harry Potter namesakes, lazy dogs, a teenage daughter, who’s bringing Emo back, and a Viking husband, who finds her puns less than funny. When Rissa isn’t writing, she can be found procrastinating on social media.
For more information regarding Rissa's books, go to www.rissablakeley.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White