#PBwkendread Review: Scariest Stories Ever Told by Roberta Simpson Brown

29383541Title: Scariest Stories Ever Told
Author: Roberta Simpson Brown
Published: Oct. 1, 2016
Publisher: August House Publishers
Pages: 260
Genre: Teen, Middle Grade, Scary
Review: ARC Paperback provided by August House Publishers
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



This spooky collection of haunting stories from the "Queen of Cold Blooded Tales," Roberta Simpson Brown, may well beTheScariest Stories Ever Told. These chilling tales are filled with familiar themes to make anyone feel safe - the grouchy old teacher, a family telling one another ghost stories in an old cabin, well meaning yet clueless parents - but jam packed withenough ghouls, ghosts, and menacing spirits to give anyone the chills.The Scariest Stories Ever Toldincludesover 13 contemporary tales featuring children tackling (and sometimes getting tackled by) their fears. Meet sinister characters like the stick man, the shadows and the feathered thing.Take a peak at the haunted well, check out the school locker portal to the "other side" and buck up your courage to visit the creepy costume party. Children will love seeing characters their age confrontsinister creatures and work up the courage to explore supernaturaloccurrencesin everyday life. No one is safe when the"Queen of Cold Blooded Tales" is around so be advised to make sure the lights are on and the doors are locked before opening this book."


I received an ARC copy of this book to give an honest review.

I wanted to read this book first to myself instead of to my 10 year old as I wanted to make sure the stories were not that scary for him. With that being said I have to say this is something I think he would really enjoy. I didn't feel them to be too scary just enjoyable. 
Each of the short stories are different and creepy. If as an adult you are wanting something that will make you leave the light on this would not be for you. I think the target audience would be more of the pre-teens on up. I believe this book would be good to read around Halloween just because ghost and creepy things are meant to be read around that time. 
I tried to find which story I really liked but I couldn't though I think one of the stories that stayed with me is called The Bookworm. This was one I was not expecting to go the way it did it was just oh man you know that will creep some kids out. If you are like me you like to introduce your kids into things slowly and this is one book that I would introduced my 10 year old into the whole scary/creepy genre. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White