Review: The Creation: In The Beginning (Creation Series, #0) by The Behrg

26023004Title: In the Beginning (Creation Series #0)
Author: The Behrg
Published: July 31, 2015
Publisher: Pricks Like Thorn Media
Pages: 131
Review: ebook free on Amazon
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth..."

Deep in the jungles of the Venezuelan Rainforest a search has begun that could change the fate of humanity forever. A dying phytopharmacologist, James Dugan, will join depraved scientists and ruthless mercenaries, stopping at nothing in an effort to overcome humanity’s one common enemy: Mortality.

Meanwhile, plans have been laid by an eco-revolutionary group, led by rebel Faye Moanna, to put an end to the illegal deforestation taking place in the Amazon. But her true motives for going to Venezuela may compromise much more than their sociopolitical objective.

Because a frightening power is stirring in the Amazon, an event beginning that only occurred once in the history of the Earth – during its process of Creation. And it will take more than tenacity and ingenuity to survive the coming seven days.

The Creation is about to begin anew on planet Earth, and what these two groups are about to discover is that in order to Create, one must first Destroy.

** "In The Beginning" is a novella-length chapter included in the first novel of The Creation Series, titled The Creation **


As of right now this book is free on Amazon so you can get a copy and try the book out. 
Probably by reading the title you might think this is going to be a religious book it is not.  Two groups of people within this story one who wants to save the rain forest and all that is being done to it from man. To one group who seems to be searching for something and seems to be very cruel. I honestly am not sure what to expect from this book as it was well written and everything comes together but it is all still a mystery, but I guess I need to find out more. Which will lead me to read the next book in this series. Now as far as characters umm I didn't click with any of them but the one that does stand out is Sir Williams. We meet him later within the book and he is like the town drunk so to speak. Maybe as the story progresses we will get more character development. 
I have to say the scene with the bodies (not graphic or anything) was pretty neat that really had me wondering what the heck is going to happen and did this person start the earthquake? It is hard for me to write the review on this book as I am not sure how to write it fully without giving anything away. I just hope that in the next book that we get more as to why these two groups are fully doing what they are doing and will we get the answers. I will just leave that there. 





The Behrg
My writing career began in the fourth grade when tasked with an assignment to write about rain. I opted to tell the story of a raindrop who decided life wasn't worth living and leapt to his death only to discover that really he was being reborn. (You know that whole life-cycle thing).

Yeah, I was a little twisted even back then. Thankfully my teacher encouraged my writing rather than send me for a psych evaluation... (that came later). Let's see...
I was a child actor and starred in recurring roles in Dynasty and Highway to Heaven, and was even in an episode of The Twilight Zone.
I dropped out of college to join a rockband.
I was kicked out of the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland for lobbing rocks onto toy houses.
I have a grave in my backya ...
Oh wait, this is a BIO not a CONFESSIONAL.
Bottom line: I love to write. Thankfully, my family puts up with it. The very act of creating something that might be slightly askew keeps me going. I'm drawn to dark fiction where I find an appreciation for the light. Horror, thrillers, suspense. Things that make you question your own reality or open your mind to look at the world a little differently than you might have before.
I'm grateful to all those who give an independent author like myself a chance.
Seriously. Thank you.
For more about me, my works, (my rants), and upcoming projects, please stop by: my website. I promise I don't bite.

(See, there's a reason they keep me muzzled)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White