NetGalley review: Anything for Her by Jack Jordan

30161234Title: Anything For Her
Author: Jack Jordan
Published: May 16, 2016
Publisher: JJP
Genre: Murder, Mystery
Pages: 340
Review: ebook provided by NetGalley and Publisher
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk




Sometimes the past comes back to haunt you.

Louise Leighton’s life has fallen apart, all because of one fateful night. Her husband is an adulterer, her sister is his mistress, and soon, Louise will lose everything she owns. But she never imagined she would lose her daughter.

Eighteen-year-old Brooke Leighton is missing. It’s up to Louise and the Metropolitan Police to find her. Has Brooke run away? Or has she been taken against her will? And can Louise aid the investigation without mentioning the night where all of her troubles began?

If she mentions that night, she will incriminate her daughter for heinous crimes. But if she doesn’t, she may never find Brooke; and if she has been abducted, the person who took her may come for Louise, too.

Sometimes the past comes back to kill you.


I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

Once I started reading this it was hard for me to put down until the very end. Though I have to say I did not like the characters at all within this book except Dominic the young son of Louise and Michael.
Louise and her daughter Brooke hold a deep secret. One that has not only caused problems within the marriage of Michael and Louise along with Michael doing illegal things, but we also see how much of a shell both of them have become. 
We never get told right out what the secret is until almost towards the end but it builds up to it very well. 
The way Michael acted toward his wife made me want to scream on so many levels. I just couldn't on so many levels with him. Then let's jump on the bandwagon of Louise. Now I can understand wanting to be by herself to gather her thoughts but she was selfish especially when it came to Dominic who needed his mom. I wanted to smack her as well. I have to say the family seems to be dysfunctional on so many levels. 
I am not sure what I can write on this review as I feel as I will give away so much. Just pick it up and see if you will enjoy it is all I can say.
This story is filled with heartache and suspense. I am so glad I found this author as he has a way with not only words but pulling you into the story. 





Jack Jordan

I'm an introvert disguised as an extrovert, an intelligent person who can say very unintelligent things, and a self-confessed bibliomaniac with more books than sense.
Author of Anything for Her and My Girl.
You can request to read my thrillers on NetGalley, here:www.netgalley.com/pub/JackJordan
I love connecting with other readers, so don't hesitate to add me as a friend. Let's talk books! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016