Interview and Spotlight with Author Ju Ephraime

Title: The Elusive Highlander
Author: Ju Ephraime
Published: April 15, 2016
Publisher: ENVISION Business & Computer School Publishing
Pages: 171
Genre: Historical Fiction
Buy Links: 
http://www.amazon.com/Elusive-Highlander-Ju-Ephraime-ebook/dp/B01APR8VKI/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1100021194
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-elusive-highlander-ju-ephraime/1123660735?ean=2940157895327
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-elusive-highlander

Coira Ainsley had his life in her hands and didn’t even know it… Alasdair Campbell was born a Highland warriors with the supernatural strength of the berserkers of his time, until, on the eve of his wedding, he was killed by poison at the hand of his neighboring clan. Desperate to keep him alive, his mother, a Druid Princess, performs a geas that sends his spirit wandering, and for hundreds of years, he drifts through time, never settling anywhere for long. Waiting for his bride to be born.
When he finally finds her, it’s a battle of wills. His bride is from the 21st century and he’s from the fourteenth century. At first he thinks her a spy until he realizes, spy or no, he wants her and will not rest until he has her and makes her his wife. So he devises a plot. If it fails, he’ll be back to wandering through time again. Alasdair doesn’t want that; he’s had his fill of wandering. Now he wants to live, to experience life as it was meant to be experienced, with his bride at his side.


Without any warning, he moved closer to her and very gently brushed his lips against hers. The action was so unexpected she stood there, frozen. He must have taken her lack of resistance as permission because he repeated the action. His lips were firm and soft. She found herself waiting for the feel of them against hers again as she stood with her eyes closed and her lips extended. He didn’t keep her waiting. He kissed her for the third time, softly and excruciatingly slowly, as if she were a butterfly and he was scared of frightening her away. If this was a coaxing, a tempting, an initiation to his kind of kissing, as well as a strategy to break down her defenses, he was succeeding beautifully. Coira could feel her heart racing as her blood coursed through her veins, igniting a fire in her. She was afraid to breathe too deeply for fear of disturbing the focused concentration he had on her lips. She felt as if she was flying; Coira lost track of time and had no idea how long he spent caressing her lips. She knew only that she would remain this way forever if need be.
He took hold of her face and traced the seam of her lips with his finger, all the while following the path of his finger with his lips. He did not offer to enter her mouth. All this kissing was done to her lips. If his purpose was to make her crave more, he was succeeding beautifully. She couldn’t help touching his finger with the tip of her tongue, thinking to take it into her mouth.
With a hoarse groan, he moved his hand to her head and followed her tongue inside her mouth, stroking it with his in a velvety dance that had her moaning, opening to give him better access. She brought up her hands, plunging it into the silken fall of his flaming hair. She was kissing him back with the same rapacious hunger with which he appeared to be kissing her when, suddenly, he was gone. One minute she was running her fingers through his hair and the next she was holding air… He had spun on his heels and walked away.


Interview with Author Ju Ephraime


1. Please tell us a little about yourself. I am a multiple genre author, I write high heat romance novels—contemporary, paranormal, suspense, and now historical. I also write children’s books, ages 9 to 12, short stories and I’ve written a school textbooks. I’ve been writing for more years than I care to admit to, but I love it! Writing to me is therapeutic. I hope to be doing it for a long, long, time.

2. Tell us about your latest book. 3. My latest book is a historical romance set in the Scottish highlands.
4. What do you have coming out in the future? a. I have a kid’s book coming out in May, and this my newly released, historical romance, The Elusive Highlander. This will be my first venture into the historical arena.
5. What genre do you enjoy writing the most and why? a. I enjoy writing children’s books because I love working with the graphics, second to this, is contemporary romance.
6. From where do you draw your inspiration? a. All around me. In everyday situations, life experiences, there’s always a story to be told.
7. Do you ever base your characters on real people in your life? a. Not at a general rule, but sometime, the main character, if he’s alpha male.
8. What authors inspire your writing? Virginia Henley, Elizabeth Lowell, Lisa Kleypas, just to name a few.

9. What kind of books do you like to read? High heat romance: suspense, historical, contemporary, practically anything with heat.
10. How have your real life experiences influenced your writing? My real life experiences are reflected in a lot of my writing.
11. What do you like to do when you are not writing? I love to read. I actually love to read more than I love to write, so if I’m not doing one, I’m doing the other.
12. What was your road to publishing like? Tell us about it. Actually, it was very smooth. I submitted two manuscripts and was told I wrote for a niche market. I went to my school, they offered to publish my books, and the rest is history.
My website:
http://www.juliaeantoine.com @juephraime https://www.facebook.com/juephraimeauthor/ https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4981235.Ju_Ephraime

Comments

  1. Thanks for the wonderful interview, Autumn. I truly appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016