Review: Either Side of Midnight (The Midnight Saga #1) by Tori de Clare

18716835Title: Either Side of Midnight
Author: Tori de Clare
Publisher: Self
Published: Jan. 25, 2014
Pages: 363
Genre:  Mystery
Review: ebook provided by author
Buy Links: Amazon. Amazon.uk 


WHAT IF THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE TURNED INTO YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE?
When nineteen-year-old Naomi Stone is snatched from her husband at knifepoint on the night of their wedding and taken to a deserted cemetery, she knows her life is finished. Drugged and disorientated, she loses consciousness as she lies in an open grave with a gun to her head. But the following day, she mysteriously awakes to find herself unharmed and secured to a bed. She's in a beautiful bedroom in a secluded cottage in open countryside. Only one person knows she’s there – the man in the balaclava who’s holding her, feeding her, revealing nothing. Naomi senses the unfolding of a plan. She should be on honeymoon in the Caribbean. Instead, she’s trapped with an emotionless psycho with no hope of escape . . . And his voice is chillingly familiar.
Who is he? What does he want? What's happened to her husband? Where is she? Will anyone find her before it's too late?


I received this book to give an honest review.
First let me start off with saying to the author I am so sorry it took me a long time to get to read your book. 
So Naomi Stone young, very talented, and ends up in love sounds good right but what happens when she learns the truth of everything? 
I really don't want to give too much away as I feel I will give away a lot of spoilers that occur.
The one thing I can say is when I got to one part of the story I had to re-read as I thought the author made a mistake with names but as I continued reading I realized that was the twist, and I was like WHAT!!! No way. 
I found this read to be very enjoyable I loved the mystery surrounding everything, all I can say is justice is served. The question to ask is who is truly the bad guy in the end? 
I liked how we go back and forth between the present and leading up to the present to see what truly happened I thought this came together quite nicely. 
The reason I gave this book four stars and not five is the way Naomi was, there was something about her that just didn't sit right with me. I felt she was a school girl and always needing her mother's approval if that makes sense. 
A decent mystery if you are looking for one.  



Tori de Clare


Tori de Clare is UK author of mystery/suspense/thriller series set in Manchester. #1 Either Side of Midnight
#2 The Darkness Visible.
Both have a dollop of romance - just enough to leave romance fans gagging for more and asking where the rest was! Tori's career has been in music. She has privately taught piano and theory of music since 1987 and, ready for a challenge and believing she had a story to tell, began writing in 2009. Despite the classical music background, Ms de Clare is very grounded and loves nothing better than a good laugh. An Alan Partridge DVD usually fits the bill! Mum of four and one of seven children, Tori finds little time for hobbies outside of family, reading, writing and teaching. Her very busy life gives her the perfect excuse to opt out of ironing and all forms of keep-fit. The only working out she now does is how to avoid accompanying her husband to the gym. Permanently. Daughter of two pianists, music was destined to be her career (sigh! Cursed fate). Her dad died when she was just 18 and always aspired to being a writer. Either Side of Midnight is dedicated to him, and to her mum who taught her to play the piano.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White