Interview with author Rebecca Jaycox


 The Other Inheritance
By Rebecca Jaycox

ISBN-10: 0990829537
Rocking Horse Publishing
Trade paper, 304 pgs.
November 14, 2014, $12.15
Also available in ebook formats

She touched the frog. Just once. It leaped into the air and hopped away, disappearing under the classroom desks. It had been awaiting its fate as a science experiment, fully dead, the stench of formaldehyde permeating the room . . . 
Seventeen-year-old Reggie has been having a tougher time than usual. As if dealing with her alcoholic mother and fighting school bullies isn’t enough, dead things keep coming back to life and this biker dude shows up in her dreams, babbling about magic and a world called the Other. 
Reggie’s life is changing, and she has no idea why. Or whether she should believe Rhys, the man in her dreams, who claims she’s in danger and that someone is coming to take her to a safer reality. 
And when Asher shows up, things really get crazy. 


                                                     


Rebecca Jaycox grew up in the tiny town of Berryman, which borders the Mark Twain National Forest and the Courtois River about 70 miles south of St. Louis. The beautiful landscape fed her imagination, and she began writing stories at age 10 and never stopped. Always seeking adventure, Rebecca moved to France after she graduated college with a journalism degree to teach English at a French high school. Bitten by the travel bug, she has recently visited Italy, Greece, Austria, Spain, and finally made it to her bucket-list destination of Istanbul last summer. Rebecca now lives in New York City with her husband, Gregory. She is the curator and program director of the YA Lit Series at the 92nd Street Y—one of New York’s premier cultural centers. She enjoys reading and writing fantasy, urban fantasy, steampunk, and science fiction. The Other Inheritance is her first novel.

www.rebeccajaycox.com
Blog URL: www.rebeccajaycox.com
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/RebeccaLJaycox
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RebeccaJaycox


Interview questions:

1. Who is your favorite author?
Um, I have a lot of them! At the moment, Ilona Andrews is my favorite Urban Fantasy author, and I'm really digging Maggie Stiefvater and Holly Black for YA. But I can name 10 more authors easily for you. I will restrain myself.


2. What made you start writing YA?
I started writing YA by accident to be honest. I had a story I really wanted to tell and it ended up in that category. YA is such a fascinating genre, and it's really evolved over the last 20 years.


3. What age did you start writing?
I started writing around the age of 10 I guess. I saw Star Wars and the rest was history.


4. If you could go back in time what advice would you give your younger self about writing?
I took a break from writing--like a years long break--and I would tell my younger self to keep writing. Even if it was crap, to keep putting something on the page. I would also tell my younger self to join a writing group.

5. You are stuck somewhere very cold what are three items that you must have with you?
A good book, my husband, and gourmet cheese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White