Review: The Red Mohawk by Anonymous

25523362Title: The Red Mowhawk
Author: Anonymous
Publisher: Black Shadow Press
Published: May 20, 2015
Pages: 244
Genre: Horror/thriller/humor
Review: ebook provided by NetGalley and publisher
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk, Barnes and Noble



The new book from the anonymous author of the international bestselling Bourbon Kid series.

Everything seems peaceful in the small town of B Movie Hell until a mysterious serial killer in a skull mask topped with a red mohawk shows up and starts butchering the locals. Government agents Jack Munson and Milena Fonseca are sent to track down and eliminate the masked psychopath. But as they soon discover, the residents of B Movie Hell don’t want their help. This is a town like no other, and the locals have many dark secrets….

Already a hit in France and Germany with film rights optioned by Tobey Maguire's Material Pictures, The Red Mohawk is a fun, outrageous and bloody thriller full of cinematic references and homages to many cult movies.

I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

So this book deserves a 5 rating but I could not bring myself to do that there were some grammar issues along with the use of the 'r' word. I don't care what book it is, but I don't believe that word should be used in a book. Though that is my opinion on it. Because of the grammar and the use of that word I dropped my rating to a 4.
This is your classic cheesy horror book that once you start reading you won't want to put down. 
The cover is what called to me, it had me wondering what is this book going to be about. Then I read the synopsis and I was intrigued on the story line.
There is humor through out the book, there are some gory details which I loved overall it was a simple horror/thriller that is nonstop action from the get go.

B Movie Hell is a little town ran by someone who loves movies but the town has a brothel which brings in the town income and the towns folk is all okay with it all.
When a killer shows up and kills an officer for it seems to be no reason. Government official Jack Munson and Milena Fonseca are called in but it seems this killer is only after one thing and one thing only. We learn via the person that called Jack to come in and stop the killer has a personal agenda with the masked killer. 
The town is hiding a secret and Jack will be caught into the cross fire even though he just wants to do the job and retire. 
The characters are all memorable in some way or another. They are either perverted, creepy or just plain weird but it all goes together wonderfully with the story plot. 
Will the killer be stopped? Or will he get to do what he set out to accomplish?

There are quite a few scenes that I found hilarious and one scene I found myself going "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh." With my husband looking at me funny and asking me "what are you reading?" Which I then explain the asylum scene and he just looks at me and goes WTH? 

This is one scene that was very funny to me though it did have a grammar issue within it.
Officer Pete is scratching his groin are which Officer Randell calls him out on it and asks him if he wore a hat being as he has been visiting The Beaver Place.  When he replies with "Oh yeah, but not the whole time. I mean, this one chick last week she had some sores on her face. Think maybe I caught something from her." All I could do with this scene was laugh so hard. I mean really? is all I can say to it.
If you are looking for something that will have you grimacing, laughing wondering what or who is behind the murderers and why does he wear a mask. I say pick this book up. Like I said before it is like a classic cheesy horror novel that isn't truly scary but it could fall in that category. 





Anonymous
Anonymous is the author of The Book With No Name, The Eye of the Moon, The Devil's Graveyard, The Book of Death, Sanchez: A Christmas Carol, The Red Mohawk and The Plot To Kill the Pope. His books are published in over 30 countries and are bestsellers in France, Germany, Spain, Poland and Indonesia.

A Red Mohawk screen adaptation is in development produced by Tobey Maguire and Alexandra Milchan -
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/tobey-maguire-alexandra-milchan-producing-serial-killer-drama-red-mohawk-1201150710/
Film rights for The Book With No Name were optioned by Belga Films in 2015.
The author can be found on Facebook and Twitter as Bourbon Kid.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White