Consumed by NJ Flatman: Summer Blog Hop








Title: Consumed
Author: NJ Flatman
Published: June 5, 2015
Pages: 225
Genre: New Adult/Romance/Dark Romance
Buy Link: Amazon and Add to your TBR shelf Goodreads










The problem with a love that consumes you….is what do you do when it’s gone?
Avery Bradfield didn’t believe in soul mates or true love. She wasn’t sure she believed in love at all. That is, until she met Spencer Phillips. From day one, Avery found herself consumed by Spencer and the connection that the two of them shared. He taught her that she could feel alive, happy and bonded with another on a level that most couldn’t understand.
Until she wakes up and finds that Spencer has left her…..again.
Certain that this time her relationship is over for good, Avery is forced to endure a world that alternates between happy memories of a man she can’t forget and a darkness that consumes her nearly as much as he did.
Finding herself wondering if it is possible to exist in the world when half of her soul is missing, Avery is only sure of one thing- When pain consumes your every thought, you would do almost anything to make it stop.
Join Avery Bradfield and Spencer Phillips as they venture through a love that tests their limits, pushes them through their fears and shows them that sometimes addiction takes on many forms.


Excerpt: 

I wasn’t psychic, although it often felt that way when it came to him. It was different. We had a connection that I couldn’t explain to anyone else. Something that I never truly believed existed until I met him. Something that I didn’t even really understand enough to try and figure it out. So when I saw his spot empty and felt the sharp pain deep in my gut, I knew. No words were needed. I could feel it. I just knew. “Spence?” forcing myself to speak his name aloud, I called for him in the hopes that just once my gut would be off. I hoped that for the first time the bond we shared would steer me down the wrong path. That I’d be wrong about it all. “Spencer?” I tried one last time, knowing that I wasn’t going to get an answer. I half-heartedly hoped that he’d pop up in the doorway like any other morning. I’d look up at him, realizing that he was wearing nothing but the shorts he’d slept in, and feel the electricity take over. His arm, muscles tight, would lean against the frame of the door and hold up his weight. The tattoos across his chest and upper arms would draw my attention. I loved to look at them. Sometimes I’d lie in bed and trace my fingers along the edges, admiring his beauty and feeling lucky he had chosen me. One leg would be halfway crossed across the other and he’d have a cup of coffee in hand. He would tilt his head to the side just a touch, causing his hair to fall across his forehead, and I’d watch a corner of his mouth turn up into a smile. Dark eyes would shine bright with love as he wished me a good morning and asked if I’d like some coffee. Just like any other day. But it wasn’t any other day and he wasn’t going to show up. He was gone. I knew it. Even as I had hoped I didn’t know it, I knew it. Our apartment couldn’t have been more than six hundred square feet, so there was no need to shout. We’d only been there a few months and never had problems hearing the other. Even if the shower was running or the boiler kicked in. And that morning, it was silent. I listened carefully. Longing to hear anything - any sound - that would indicate he was there. Something that would relieve the panic setting into my body. A noise or voice that would stop the inevitable collapse. But it was only silence. Dead, deep and dreary silence. I felt my stomach lurch and everything inside of me tighten, but there were no sobs. Not yet. They would come. I had no doubt about that. When the time was right, my body would succumb to the pain. But that time wasn’t now. My heart hadn’t accepted what my mind already knew. Spencer had left me. Again. It was a numb feeling that I was growing accustomed to. He’d left before. Always telling me that it was for the best. We didn’t need to be together. It was over. It never lasted long. As much as Spencer wanted to walk away and hide from what we had, he couldn’t stay gone any more than I could. We didn’t just love each other, we needed each other. He was my soul mate. The other half of me. The one true love I’d never find again. We were addicted to each other.





I am a slightly crazy, seriously overdramatic, extremely emotional, hopelessly romantic, just a touch perverted, creative genius. But all of the best storytellers are.
I live near the shore of Lake Michigan with my sixteen year old daughter, all of her personalities and whatever stray people happen to drop in from time to time.
From the time I was old enough to hold a pen to paper, I have dreamed of writing novels. I achieved this dream first as a ghostwriter and then decided to jump in and try it for myself. And here I am.
When I’m not crafting stories of love and lust, I spend my time hanging with my kid, enjoying activities with friends/family and killing things on the xbox. My house is never quiet, but I’ve found I thrive best in chaos.
I’m a firm believer that life is for living, not existing and I’m on a mission to live mine to the fullest or die trying. For me, this means laughing, loving and trying my damndest not to have to cook.
FACEBOOK * http://facebook.com/njflatman
WEBSITE * http://agoodgirldirtymind.com/
TWITTER * @njflatman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016