Review: Satu Country: Coming Tides by Rebecca Chance

14343820
A fire at a boarding school sparks a journey for seven teens that could change their lives. While the pretentious Doctor Wynn and the exasperated Principal of the school plot of how to destroy the credibility of a bothersome coach, Kano and Hisano Shadow, a brother and sister team, are reunited with their pasts that they would rather forget. As hidden dangers move in from all sides, will the teens be able to all return home? Or will lives have to be sacrificed for the sake of the cause? Coming Tides is the first of the Satu Country tales.


I received this book to give an honest review. 
I read the blurb I figured okay this is going to be a paranormal throw in some magic this is going to be a good read for the teenagers.
It was not what I was expecting. I honestly felt no connection to the characters, I felt lost as to what exactly was going on. The main thing I got from the book is that there are evil people who want to make life. There is already a doctor there that has created life, but it is not fully ready for the world to see type thing.
Then there is an old student who might be to blame and he is I think part tiger? None of this was very clear for me.
I think it was a decent read but it needs a lot of work unless this is normal for this author. This was a first that I have heard of her so I wanted to give her a try. 

With this being the first in these tales with the boarding school and what not, I would have liked more background as to the school and the kids that have I guess magic. 
There were also some errors that are really silly one example is Hisoka locked his door behind him and then on the next page he is looking towards his open office door. I though it was locked not opened. 

Just because I seemed lost with the story line you might be able to follow along a whole lot easier so give it a try and see what you think. For me it was just not for me. 





Rebecca Chance


Rebecca Chance was born in Hampstead to international art dealer parents, and grew up in the exclusive millionaire’s row surroundings of London’s St John’s Wood. Tiring of her cushioned, privileged existence, she ran away to Tuscany to live a wild bohemian life on a wine-making estate, where she lived in a 14th century villa in a Chianti vineyard, partying with artists, learning Italian, and picking grapes. But big city life was calling her, and after staying in Rome and Porto Ercole, she moved to Manhattan, lured by the glamorous single-girl existence and nonstop nightlife. She spent a decade living the Sex and The City dream in SoHo, equally at home in an uptown penthouse on Fifth Avenue overlooking the Metropolitan Museum, or downtown dancing on the bar of the Coyote Ugly for kicks. Eventually, a handsome American husband in tow, she moved back to London to settle down (as much as she can) and finally fictionalize some of her most exciting and glamorous experiences into her bestselling blockbuster novels.Rebecca’s interests include trapeze, pole-dancing, watching "America’s Next Top Model", and cocktail-drinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016