Review: Alice Will (Dreams of Chaos #1) by Ashley Chappell

16163229With her leaky powers and premature smiting problem, fourteen year-old Trotter was still just trying to get the hang of the demi-godding business when the apocalypse began. In a world where the gods have withdrawn from humanity, leaving mortals bitter toward magic, she finds herself torn between the human and the goddess in her. When the world begins to fade away and she becomes the prime suspect, her search to determine the cause and prove her innocence ends up revolving around a mysterious little girl named Alice. Then she discovers that not all of the gods had been as distant as they seemed... 

Now, with everyone against her and the gods fighting amongst themselves, Trotter is on her own to save her world and stop a spiteful god from using Alice to destroy everything.



I received this book to give an honest review. 

This was a book that I started back in August, and put it down at 9% in. It was just seeming to me not to be a book that I was enjoying. But that was my fault because I just finished a horror story and tried to jump into fantasy right away. I should have known better.

So when I decided to give this book another try I told myself I would make it to 25% in the book if by then I could not get into it then I would just make it a D.N.F. book. I was glad I did not put it down.
I was intrigued by the world that this author created. We are introduced to gods who have their own realm, and two girls who have powers. One of them doesn't fully realize that yet while the other one isn't happy that her powers are not working out right for her.

We meet Alice Will who is a young six year old girl who has powers but doesn't realize that she has them. She has the ability to change things and make things come to life in a way. She is very lonely and doesn't have a family of her own. She was bought at an auction. How sad right? But there is more to Alice that what meets the eye. And I like the ending where we get to learn who Alice truly is.

Then we have Trotter who knows she is a demi-princess and is working on trying to get her powers to work for her. She is a changer, and she has a talking cat who is also her guardian. Trotter is torn between being a god and being human and she has to learn to combine them in a way to help her achieve the fullness of her powers to stop evil from destroying the world. 

There is an evil god named Laramak who has been locked up for centuries and it is up to Alice and Trotter to put him back into place. There is chaos that will come to light and we read on to find out who will win, the evil or good? 

The author did a great job with building a world that was full of imagination. It was something more than I expected it to be. 










Ashley Chappell
Ms. Chappell currently resides in Huntsville, AL with the love of her life. She is a contractor for NASA in the Rocket City and during her writing time her cats sometimes share her lap with her computer, should they choose to allow the usurpation at all. She is an avid lover of nature who enjoys climbing, camping, hiking and sailing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016