Review: Benton: A Zombie Novel (Benton #1) by Jolie du Pre

20550352
Zombies have killed everyone in the Benton household--all except twenty-something Jennifer. She's escaped her bedroom, but what now? Waterbank, Illinois is overrun. Where can she go?
A chance encounter with seven other young survivors points her toward Texas. A charismatic, handsome young man named Mark says he can lead them all to his family's ranch. He's sure they'll be safe there. Jennifer wants to trust him, with her life and possibly her heart.
There's no place else to go, there's no way to escape the zombies but through, and there's no telling if Jennifer and Mark will live long enough to act on the emotion building between them.

I received this book to give an honest review.

I love reading about zombies, yes I know that there are a lot of people out there that are like zombies? Gosh I am so tired of them, but for some deep dark reason I love them. Maybe its because they will make good target practice since you have to aim for the head to kill them or at least make them stay dead lol.

So anyway back on to the story, so when I saw this was a zombie book I had to get my hands on it. I really loved the whole scene Jennifer is a normal girl but then the zombie outbreak hits. Okay pause for a second I felt as though there was no back story as to why the zombie outbreak hit. I really wish this was thrown in here. Now back to the review. Well then the zombie outbreak hits close to home like her family. And Jennifer has to become strong and independent. Which I think is good for a main character to be. But then it seemed rushed, she finds another group of people and then next you know they are on their way to Texas. When Mark sets his eyes on Jennifer which I think is cute, I felt it to be rushed. Like I just met you, oh we are flirting lets be together. You know that type of rushing. Then the ending I felt was perfect like it all comes full circle for Jennifer to know what I mean well you have to read the story to find out.


I literally was hooked in the book and found it to be entertaining but there were times that I felt as Jennifer was more of a teenager than a 23 year old. And one of the other characters Katie OMG I wanted to smack her she was constantly screaming I mean really? Don't ya know girl that screaming attracts zombies? Zombie 101. 

I would really recommend this book for those that like zombies and are okay with reading a short story. This is more of YA book. Hoping there is a book two in the works soon.







JOLIE DU PRE is a full-time published author, editor, article writer, blogger, and monster lover. The first book in her zombie series - BENTON: A ZOMBIE NOVEL, VOLUME ONE - is available now at Amazon. ~~ Visit her blog Precious Monsters. Finally, don't forget to " like " Jolie on Facebook.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016