Review: Deception by Mary Jay

17617084
Miranda is a young tutor in an Art college in London. She is dedicated to her work and has a vibrant social life in Camden Town and an exciting new relationship with Mike, a Scottish mountain climber.
Her easy relationship with her students is disturbed when she discovers that one of them is stalking her. Then her close friend and colleague, Anni, also begins to quietly insinuate herself into Miranda’s life; taking over her flat, establishing friendly relations with Miranda’s brother and his pregnant girlfriend, and becoming suspiciously close to Mike.
As Miranda prepares for an exhibition of her paintings in a Camden gallery, tensions in her life increase and she is faced with issues that need to be resolved.
While she becomes ever more involved with her painting and her study of the painter, Munch, she realises that her relationships with the people around her are beginning to unravel and events in both her private life and her career as a tutor take an unexpected turn. She loses faith in the people that she had trusted, and faced with unforeseen problems, she has to confront the challenges in her life and make some crucial decisions.


I received this book to give an honest review.
So by reading this blurb I figured okay it sounds interesting.  When I started the book I soon found myself losing interest fast. I pushed through the book thinking okay it will get better something will for sure catch my eye and will keep me wanting to read this book. It took me almost 4 days to finish a 176 pages only because I could not devour the book like I hoped.  

The only thing that caught my eye was towards the end with Mike I totally didn't see that part coming and I was like oh wow! 
Now there is a student who is stalking her but I felt it fell flat than what I was expecting. Yeah he shows up where Miranda is at but that is really all. When I think of a stalker I think of someone actually stalking besides just being in places you are at. I feel as though they are in your house laying in your bed, looking into your drawers and what not when you are not home. 

And Anni I really had that feeling as though she was going to be taking over Miranda's life but still it fell flat than what I was expecting. 
Now Miranda has a character there was a lot of developing there but I could tell she did not like conflict which in a way I could understand but sometimes you just gotta stand up. Not sit back and let things just go past you.
I did like the writing of how her paintings where portrayed. I could imagine in my head what they looked like. And that was just awesome. 

Even though this book wasn't what I was expecting it may be the book just for you. Especially if you enjoy art, not a fast paced book or one that has any action in it. Give it a try and see what you think.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White