About the Author:
She loves going to NJ diners on the weekendor inspiration, drinks a pot of coffee a day, and loves finding new music to add to her playlist. Author to Just Good Friends and Winning Back Ryan.
- Anne Watson comes home from work to find her boyfriend cheating.
- While taking a shower, he explains why he's so unhappy in their relationship, i.e. his excuse for cheating.
- Determined to fix her relationship, she speaks to her four closest friends, all male, for their advice.
- She decides to start running with her best friend, Brian, every morning.
- Each of her friends helps her with an aspect of trying to reclaim her relationship, though no one wants her back with Ryan.
- They show her proof of how much of a dog he really is. It is the breaking straw for her.
- Now determined for revenge, she continues everything that she was doing before, only now it's to mess with her ex's head, not to have him back.
- Throughout the story, she realizes that she is in love with her best friend, who has been in love with her for five years.
- As they try to move from friends to lovers, she also learns that her other close friend, Ben, has been harboring feelings for her for years, but won't do anything out of loyalty to Brian.
- When Anne is finally ready to move on with her life and leave her apartment for good, Ryan cannot accept it and attempts to rape her.
- Ben saves her and the book ends with her ex in jail and Anne now living with Brian, her now boyfriend.
After a horrible day at work, I came home to find my boyfriend...in a curious position. After determining why he was unhappy, I, Anne Watson, decided to try and fix our broken relationship. My four closest male friends, however, had another idea. Revenge.
**Content Warning: This book contains a sexual assault scene and mature material. **
Top Ten Book Boyfriends
- Travis Maddox
- Kellan Kyle
- Edward Cullen
- Gavin Blake
- Bennett Ryan
- Max Stella
- Gideon Cross
Top Ten Love Triangles
- Edward, Bella, Jacob
- Kellan, Kiera, and Denny
- Travis, Abby, and that other guy ;)
- Emily, Gavin, Dillon
- Emma, Cole, Evan
- Elizabeth Bennet, George Wickham, and Fitzwilliam Darcy
- Bridget Jones, Daniel Cleaver, and Mark Darcy
- Jay Gatsby, Daisy Buchanan, and Tom Buchanan
- Allie, Noah, and that other guy ;)
10.Harper, Brandon, Chase (Few pages into this series.)
Five Fun Facts:
- I am a chocoholic. I have reserve stashes strewn about my house.
- I grew up horse-back riding and competed seriously. Instead of turning pro, I went to college instead.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I have thirteen piercings on my body-9 in my ears, 1 in my nose, 1 in my labret, 2 in my belly button.
Large crowds make me nervous.
Excerpt Ben and Annie in the park after a night of drinking:
“Oh, look!” I shouted, pointing ahead. Ben looked ahead at the large park in front of us. “Do you have any idea where we are?” I whispered. He shook his head. I laughed so hard that I snorted. “Come on; let’s go see what trouble we can get into over there.”
We walked through the park for a while before I complained about my feet hurting from my high heels. In front of me, I saw a fountain, so I let go of Ben’s arm, running towards the monument.
I yanked off my heels, tossing them and my pocketbook onto the ground before climbing into the fountain.
“What are you doing?” he shouted in exasperation.
“Cooling off,” I explained as I began running around in a circle. When I made my way around to him, I splashed him with water. “Come on in.”
He glanced down at his now wet clothes, then up at me.
“That’s it. You’re going to get it now.” I shrieked as I began running in a circle, wading through the water, making sure that I didn’t slip on the coins littering the bottom of the fountain. I heard splashing behind me, so I knew he was gaining on me. I turned around, kicking water, spraying him from head to toe. He wiped the water off his face, before splashing me with water, his strong arms being able to spray me with more water that I could ever hit him with in one try.
My hair and polka-dotted dress were soaked, and I wrung my hair out before shrieking and running away from him.
“Watch out! I’m gonna getcha!” he shouted as we ran around the fountain. On one trip around, I was looking behind me and smashed right into his chest. When I looked up, I realized he had figured out to run in the opposite direction. He flashed me a cocky grin as his hands grabbed my arms to keep me from falling over as I laughed loudly. I placed my hands on his chest to steady myself more as the world began to spin, feeling the wet cotton beneath my fingertips, his chest heaving. I glanced up into his whiskey-colored eyes, who were staring down at me with an emotion I couldn’t place. They slowly made their way down my face, stopping on my lips before his brows pulled together. He took a step backwards, and then hopped out of the fountain.
a Rafflecopter giveaway