Review: Valley of Sorrows by Nathalie Goldston

Valley of Sorrows

The small town of Burnett, Missouri, is shaken by the brutal murder of accountant and nature-lover Pete Taylor. Suspicion falls on his wife, Marielle, who found his body, and rumors swirl. The crime scene offers little evidence, and as the investigation grinds to a halt, Marielle is determined to solve her husband’s murder. But she will have to summon all the courage she can muster to return to the scene of the crime. For on that horrible day, she saw something she had thought was merely a bedtime story—a local legend that deep within the woods surrounding the lake where she found Pete, the ancient spirit of an Osage medicine woman named Misae protects the final resting place of her people. Misae is trying to warn Marielle there is a killer in her midst … if she only will listen.


I received this book to give an honest review.
I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. It is a great murder, paranormal mystery. Though I do have to say I figured out who the man was on Marielle and Pete's property about almost towards the end.
One of the main characters named Thad, I truly felt sorry for. The way he was brought up no wonder he became as mean, and as violent as he did. The one scene in the bedroom I literally was sickened by it. I know it is in a book but I wanted to strangle the stinky man too.
I liked how the heroine in the story was an older woman and not some 20 year old fresh on the page so to speak. It just proves that older people can kick ass too even if they fall a lot lol.
I really enjoyed all the characters and how their story was woven in a way that they were all connected from the past and the present. This author is really good at story telling and keeping you hooked from beginning to the end.
I would say hey give this book a read if you like ghosts, the paranormal, a murder and a mystery all wrapped into one. 

My Rating: 5 wineglasses


 
 
 
Find the author:

                                                                         Goodreads
 
Buy the book:
Free @ the time of this post on Barnes and Noble.  


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016