Review: ARC copy of Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki

Branded (Sinners, #1)
Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.

The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.


I received this book from the authors, from NetGalley.
I have only done this on a few books, but my rating is not 5 stars! It is a full 10+!
I found myself staying up way too late, and getting up super early to read this book. When I got to 91% in this book, I literally kept finding different things to do around the house since I did not want to finish it. I knew as soon as I finished Branded I would be so sad because there was nothing more to read with it.
The storyline was TERRFIC! It kept me engaged more and more and it was something that I have never read before. Hell I was hooked from the very first words! The characters were written perfectly! I found myself having a heart for Cole and especially his dog Zeus!
There were times that I literally laughed out loud with Zeus and his tactics. One part being where he scared his self from his gas.
Branded was fast-paced, full of emotion, and action packed. I know this may be to early to even say this but Branded is my number one favorite for 2013. I do not think there is a book that will even stand with Branded as good as it was.
Lexi was a strong heroine in the story, even though she was being put through hell! And even then she was able to find love with the one person who said he would die protecting her! Lexi had a big heart and her actions were something that I felt and couldn't help but sympathize with her.
Cole is a guard who has been ordered to protect Lexi, but yet he falls heed over heels with her even though he is not suppose to. That is a big no no in the Hole! Sinners and Guards DO NOT fall in love. There are grave consequences for those who do. And Lexi and Cole learn this all first hand.
There is a major twist at the end that I really did not see coming and was totally caught by surprise! Way to go with that authors!
I am so glad there was not a cliffhanger at the end of this book, but I do not know that Lexi and Cole's adventure is far from over! And I can not wait until book 2 is out!
Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki are two authors you want to keep your eye on! They have a real talent for writing.

My Rating: 5 wine glasses
Author links:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016