The X by Lorena Bathey

The XClarissa Hadonfield had it all. She lived in a lovely home surrounded by affluent intellectuals, had a successful husband, and two phenomenal teenage boys. With the ring of a doorbell she finds her life substituted by one where she has to fight for her children against an evil she never knew existed and had been sleeping next to for the last twenty years. When Clarissa's X shows his true colors, she finds she must become a strong woman who cannot only grow prize-winning flowers but can place a devastating roundhouse kick. Teaming up with Bryce Brightman, an ex-FBI agent, she uncovers a woman whose only goal is to save her children. This story is about what a woman can do when she put her brains, her brawn, and her boots into changing the course of her life and protecting the ones she loves.

I received this book to give an honest review.
Wow! The X kept me up late last night and then this morning my nose was buried in the book. I did not want to finish it, but I just could not wait to see what would happen with Clarissa, would she get her children back or will her husband Ben win in the end? This is a thriller that will leave you wanting more! I found myself engrossed in Clarissa's life and what she was going through. She was a weak woman turned strong for not only for herself but for her children! I loved how Clarissa did not give up on her son's no matter what was thrown her way. Clarissa is learning skills that she never knew before, and will be putting them to use later on in the story.
I felt as though this was almost a true story as it seemed so real and everything seemed to be so plausible. I felt everything Clarissa was going through and I was hoping she would win in the end.

My favorite quote: " Mom! Damn, you just kicked dad's ass!"



This is a thriller/action book that will keep you turning the pages! You deal with the FBI, a cult, a mother's unwavering love, kidnapping, brain washing, With all that and terrific story line you got the perfect book!
I highly recommend this book to all to read!




My Rating: 5 wine glasses






Where to find the author:
Goodreads Author page
Facebook page
A list of her websites:
Website 1
Website 2
Website 3

Where to find the book:
The X Amazon Paperback
The X Amazon Ebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White