The Man of My Dreams by Gladys Quintal


The Man of My Dreams (The Dream Series #1)

Ever since the death of her parents at the age of 17, Cassie has been dreaming about a dark haired man. He always comes to her in times of trouble to comfort her and help her through the toughest of days. But now after the devastating break up with her boyfriend, Cassie struggles with separating reality from her dreams. 
During a trip to her family beach house, her dream man becomes her lover and Cassie finds herself longing for this man to be in her life. But trying to find out the truth about him leaves her questioning her very existence and sanity. 
She is convinced her dream man is real and connected to a string of macabre murders over the last 20 years. Fearing for her life, Cassie prays she is right about him and that he can save her before it is too late. 
NOTE FROM AUTHOR: This book mentions a sexual abuse case, attempted rapes and a sadistic serial killer.
I received this book from the author to give an honest review.
Great book! I believe this is the author's first book, and let me say she did a wonderful job! I was so engrossed with this story that I did not want to put it down. It is a love story like no other,
Cassie is a young woman who had a troubled childhood, that she can not remember. All she knows is that a Guardian Angel saved her and he visits her while she sleeps and in her trouble times. That was a unique twist to this book as I have not read a book yet that adds that to its story. She wished he was real as she has already fallen in love with him. But will she ever get her wish?  I found Cassie to be a very strong headed woman and I enjoyed that. But I do think the author should have made their "love" more than just about  looks. Cassie is in love with him but always brings up that he is gorgeous  and she hardly knows him. He finds he loves her but why Cassie? Is there something special about her? There could have been more information with the characters. Maybe in book two if there is one.
There are two semi-graphic rape scenes in this book so reader beware.
In this book you have the paranormal, mystery, romance, and a great story line. I was amazed at the ending of this book, and hope there is a book two in the works.

My rating 4 wine glasses



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016