Don't Cry, Daddy's Here by Brinda Carey

Don't Cry, Daddy's Here
This book will not be easy to read. It is not a cozy, friendly little book meant to cheer you up and brighten your day. It is, however, a starkly true story of what happened to a little girl born in Texas in 1960. Brinda Carey's first 22 years were an unimaginable hell - unimaginable, that is, to those of you who haven't had your own version of that hell. Sexual abuse and manipulation by a monstrous father and a descent into the emotional wasteland of promiscuity are just two of the hallmarks of that inferno.Can anyone ever recover from unrelenting sexual and emotional abuse at the hands of her parents? Brinda Carey did. Her message of hope and renewal is for every abuse survivor living alone with her pain - and it's for everyone who wishes to know about the resilience of the human spirit and the power of love and forgiveness.




I received this book from the author to give an honest review.
Let me say that I was overcomed  with sadness with this book, but at the same time I did not want to put it down. I wanted to read and find out how she overcame the abuse.  The first part of this book will show you the signs of the abuse so you can recognize them, which I thought was great as there were some things that I would not have thought of. 
Then you get into the story and you just want to hug Brinda and hide her away from everything. I know that this is based on a true story, but my question is where was her mother in all of this? How could she not want to stop what was going on? I felt my heart just breaking with this story and had to wipe my eyes. I am super glad that at the end she found TRUE LOVE! And the pictures that were put in it were a great addition. I loved her family pictures at the end. She looks happy, even after everything she has been through. 
Like the synopsis says, it is not a cozy, friendly book. This is a book that will have you in heartache, and anger! I don't know how she overcame everything that happened to her as I do not think I could have but I give her props for overcoming it through God and her husband's help. 




My Rating: 5 wineglasses




Where to buy:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dont-cry-daddys-here-brinda-carey/1104750491?ean=9780982802465

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Cry-Daddys-Here-ebook/dp/B005SZ152O/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1358784995&sr=1-1&keywords=don%27t+cry+daddy%27s+here


Where to find the author:

http://www.amazon.com/Brinda-Carey/e/B005PNWCIA/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

https://www.facebook.com/brinda.carey.author?fref=ts

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5244755.Brinda_Carey




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016