Library book: The One Day You Were My Husband by Rosie Walsh
Publisher: Pamela Dorman Books
Published: May 19, 2026
Pages: 362
Genre: Mystery, Thriller
Review: Library book
Carrie and Johan marry on a beach in Thailand only months into their whirlwind romance. Carrie, a British surgical intern, knows she’s being impulsive but is too happy to care. Then, as the wedding festivities stretch into the night, a group of armed men suddenly swarm the beach, taking Johan away. She never sees him again.
Twelve years later, Carrie is living in the English countryside with her husband, Robin, and their six-year-old twins, running a holiday cottage rental. One night, she stumbles across an online post in which she discovers that Johan escaped from Thailand years ago and has been living in Stockholm ever since. As the memories of their passionate relationship flood her, she becomes obsessed with discovering exactly what happened on their wedding day.
But just when Carrie thinks she knows what she must do, a shocking twist explodes, tearing apart everything Carrie thought she knew. The One Day You Were My Husband asks readers what—and whom—they would give up to return to a first love, and to the people they once were.
I had heard about this book through an online group and, of course, put a hold on it. I was not expecting the wow factor to come in towards the end of the book. I was in bed, and I was like, OMG! Are you kidding me! My husband looked at me and went. It must be good, lol.
Can you imagine you are in love and you are in the middle of a beautiful island, then something tragic happens? You are meant to go on with your life as a surgeon, yet you never got the closure of what truly happened with your husband.
Years pass by, and you have moved on with your life, and the husband you had on that beach is living somewhere else. Looks like he is fine and has his own family. How do you handle that?
Now. We go back and forth between what happened then and what is going on now. It is a slow start, and then it picks up. I will tell you that I was all with our main character and wanting answers. It was like she was just getting the runaround from everyone when she was trying to find out what happened in Thailand. I do feel like the author took too long to provide the answers we needed. Yet, it all came together in the end.
I haven't heard of this author, but I am going to look more into her works and see what else she has written. Hopefully more mystery thrillers with surprises!
Rosie Walsh has lived and travelled all over the world, working as a documentary producer and writer.
The Man Who Didn’t Call (UK) / Ghosted (US) is her first book under her own name, and was published around the world in 2018, going on to become an instant bestseller in several territories. It was a New York Times top five bestseller and topped the charts in Germany for several weeks.
Rosie lives in Bristol with her partner and son.
Prior to writing under her own name she wrote four romantic comedies under the pseudonym Lucy Robinson.





Comments
Post a Comment