Kindle Unlimited: Alex Cross #3 Jack & Jill James Patterson
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Published: 1/1/2003
Pages: 480
Genre: Thriller, mystery
Review: kindle unlimited
In the middle of the night, a controversial U.S. Senator is found murdered in bed in his Georgetown pied-a-terre. The police turn up only one clue: a mysterious rhyme signed 'Jack and Jill' promising that this is just the beginning. The two are out to get the rich and famous. They will stop at nothing until their fiendish plan is carried out.
Meanwhile, Washington, D. C., homicide detective Alex Cross is called to a murder scene only blocks from his house. Far from the corridors of power where he spends his days. The victim: a beautiful little girl, savagely beaten--and deposited in front of the elementary school Cross's son, Damon, attends.
Could there be a connection between the murders? As Cross tries to put the pieces together, the killer - or killers - strike again. And again. No one in Washington is safe - not children, not politicians, not even the President of the United States. Only Cross has the skills and the courage to crack the case, but will he discover the truth in time?
Meanwhile, Washington, D. C., homicide detective Alex Cross is called to a murder scene only blocks from his house. Far from the corridors of power where he spends his days. The victim: a beautiful little girl, savagely beaten--and deposited in front of the elementary school Cross's son, Damon, attends.
Could there be a connection between the murders? As Cross tries to put the pieces together, the killer - or killers - strike again. And again. No one in Washington is safe - not children, not politicians, not even the President of the United States. Only Cross has the skills and the courage to crack the case, but will he discover the truth in time?
I realized I never finished the Alex Cross series. I noticed that Prime had the series on there and I devoured it within two days. So of course I had to see where I left off on the series, and I am sad to say I only read up to book two. So I guess my only thing to do now is to finish the series.
I was very surprised with the twists that were thrown in here. We have Alex who is now trying to solve two cases at the same time. I can't imagine the stress of trying to do that as well as trying to keep his family safe, because when you are a famous detective it seems that your private life is no longer private.
With Jack and Jill, I feel we never got any answers as to why those killing were killing. I just felt that it was left open though I guess when those who commit crimes sometimes you don't know why they do what they do.
Who is killing innocent children? This is where Alex and a few detectives are trying to find out by combing the streets. While that is going on now we have a man and woman behind the scenes trying to kill the president. Can they even stop before more happens or can they even close the cases?
I really do love the friendship that Alex and Sampson have and how they have each other's back.
I am now off to read another Alex Cross book if it is on Kindle Unlimited.

James Patterson is the most popular storyteller of our time. He is the creator of unforgettable characters and series, including Alex Cross, the Women’s Murder Club, Jane Smith, and Maximum Ride, and of breathtaking true stories about the Kennedys, John Lennon, and Tiger Woods, as well as our military heroes, police officers, and ER nurses. Patterson has coauthored #1 bestselling novels with Bill Clinton and Dolly Parton, and collaborated most recently with Michael Crichton on the blockbuster Eruption. He has told the story of his own life in James Patterson by James Patterson and received an Edgar Award, ten Emmy Awards, the Literarian Award from the National Book Foundation, and the National Humanities Medal.




Comments
Post a Comment