Kindle Unlimited: The Asylum Confessions: Cults Jack Steen



Publisher: Deathbed Publishing
Published: 11/24/2021
Pages: 248
Genre: Occult Horror
Review: Kindle Unlimited


They arrive alive. They leave dead.
But first, they give me their deathbed confessions and this time - it's all about those involved in cults.

There will be 5 confessions within this book, and trust me...it's going to be a wild ride:
PATIENT 983 - thought she gave birth to the antichrist.
PATIENT 962 - his nickname was the Candyman...any guesses why?
PATIENT 922 - grew up in a cult and believes he was the first of a 'pure' race.
PATIENT 835 - he was part of a secret test by the government and I've been waiting on his confession for a while!
PATIENT 727 - this was a kid who loved Halloween and believed in all the rules. I sure you hope you didn't break any...



I truly do enjoy these confessions of the mind of serial killers. Do I wish these things were true, sorta only because it would be interesting to listen to those with something to confess, no matter how horrific? I like how the author sits with them and doesn't make them feel worse about themselves than they already do. Are the crimes they have committed horrible, totally? Do they deserve to die? Yes, but I am not a judge or executioner, so that isn't up to me. I also enjoy how they are not super long so you won't get bored. 
I highly recommend you read all of these as they have something different for everyone. 

Favorite quotes:

People don't mind being blind sheep when the benefits are theirs for the taking.

Every lie is steeped in a truth. Every story, every scenario, every secret has a kernel of truth to it

Hell is being stuck in a moment of regret, a moment you can never take back, a moment you can never get out of.






My name is Jack Steen and for those who arrive on my 'death' ward at the Asylum, I'm the last face many will see before they die. I am the night nurse at the Asylum for the Criminally Insane.

Most of my patients are serial killers and mass murderers and they know me as the Angel of Death.

When they come onto my floor, I offer a deal: tell me their story, their 'untold' story that hasn't been read about in the news, sensationalized by media or cataloged in a ridiculous number of academic papers. I want the real story - the one they haven't old anyone. Some of these killers have never confessed to their crimes, some kept certain information to themselves...those are the stories I want.

If they give them to me, I'll make their death...easier. They're already dying, that's why they're now my patients. If they play nice, I can make their death less painful. But only if they play nice and tell me their confessions.

The majority of these killers are expert manipulators. I realize they could be playing me and messing with my head. It's a chance I'm willing to take.

And now...they might just be playing with yours too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White