Review: Z-Minus I (Z-Minus #1) by Perrin Briar

23941832Title: Z-Minus 1
Author: Perrin Briar
Published: Dec. 10, 2014
Pages: 136
Genre: Zombies
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



The post-apocalyptic series readers are describing as "one of the best post-apocalypse stories I've ever read."
Once infected, the virus shuts down organs, kills nerve impulses and even reprograms the way we think. The virus becomes us.
But the process takes eight hours.
If you only had eight hours left to live, what would you do?
For Chris Smith, that decision has been made for him. He’s infected, and returns home to find the rest of his family undead or missing, save his youngest daughter Maisie. He’s never been much of a father, but can he make up for it now in the final few hours of his life and find somewhere safe for her to survive?


What did I read? I honestly have no clue to tell you the truth. I have read other books by this author and really enjoyed his work but this book I was thrown for a loop. You have eight hours to live during the zombie apocalypse what do you? Well with MC Chris he is a big A-hole. I mean from the time he sees his daughter on the couch and dead he gets angry at her? At first while reading I kept thinking he has to be the step dad right? I mean there is no way he would be upset at his daughter for being dead? NO we learn that he is just an ugly person inside and out. Let me not get started with his youngest daughter Maisie. I can understand he may not want to be around her when he turns but to tell her "don't you have family?" I was like what? Isn't her family your family too unless you are just some random person?
The way Chris acted towards his own daughter I was just upset. I didn't understand how someone could be so heartless. 
Another thing that disgust me was the scene with Abigail in the town they went through. The zombies are here but they don't play a huge part. By that I mean the story doesn't fully focus solely on them. 

Will I read book two yes I will just to see if maybe Chris can redeem himself.
The story was a steady pace, and I really liked the idea of having eight hours to live I just couldn't like the characters. 




Perrin Briar
Perrin Briar is an English author best-known for his Blood Memory series, black comedy Keeping Mum, and revenge tale Square. He was born in Huntingdon, grew up in Norfolk, graduated from Bournemouth, worked in London, and then chucked it all in to live in South Korea.
He has written for BBC radio, and worked in the production and development departments of the BBC, ITV and Channel 4.
** Sign up to Perrin's newsletter at www.perrinbriar.com/mailing-list/ and get four free stories, news of forthcoming new novels, competitions, special prices, advanced novel previews and exclusive email-only serial story Skip! **

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016