#PBwkendread Review: A Firefighter's Flame by D. Hart

21943342Title: A Firefighter's Flame
Author: Dani Hart
Published: March 7, 2014
Pages: 297
Genre: Romance, New Adult
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk


Real Life can be a b*tch and living with bipolar disorder only made it harder. Add in a firefighter, a rock star, a crazy best friend, and all my bad choices and you have a recipe for disaster. But it was my life and my disaster and all my stupid choices made me who I am and nothing can be more beautiful than the truth.
Women's Fiction
WARNING: This is not your every day perfect love story wrapped in a pretty bow. It's raw, real, beautiful, and heartbreaking. It touches on issues of depression, bipolar, and an epic love story that everyone hopes to have, and might even have, but forgets in the chaos of mundane every day life. This is a REAL love story based on actual events of a man who loved a woman too deeply and a woman who loved a man the only way she could.

If you dig into the deepest parts of your soul, what would you find? Happiness, pain, love, regret, peace, sorrow? Now imagine experiencing all those feelings at once and then nothing at all. These were the average days in the life of Lennox Ashford.

Lennox walked a fine line between truth and deception, love and lust, and most of all, pain and happiness. A line had been drawn between highs and lows, testing her stability on a daily basis. She lived in between the grays of right and wrong, not knowing which way to sway. Strength was supposed to come from within, but being broken exposed her weaknesses instead.

She grew up believing in love and believing in Dean. He protected her when she was weak, picked her up when she fell, and fought for her when she couldn't. They lived for each other, and eventually, for their children.

High school, college, marriage, children, and many rocky days had taken a toll on their marriage, deepening Lennox's depression and screaming for a way out. She needed something. She needed a change. Fate intervened and the change she got was not what she expected nor wanted.

A tragic moment will test her already wavering strength and leave a permanent scar on her conscience. Follow her journey of rediscovering love and searching for her own fairy-tale ending


So I won this book in a giveaway and this is my honest opinion on the book.

Man oh man we are thrown into the world of Lennox. She is a mom of two kids and married to the love of her life Dean, but it seems that at the moment of this story she is wondering what her life would have been like if she wasn't with Dean. She starts reminiscing and it seems that all it does for her is bring her into a depression mood. 
One weekend changed everything for her and she has to let her husband know but how will she? 
We go between the past, present, and this weekend trip and it all collides with an ending I didn't see coming. I literally was in tears towards the end. 
Lennox has been with Dean since pretty much high school, it was like they were meant to be together. They are true loves or are they? I have to say what bothered me a bit was the fact that Dean was Lennox's first but I felt the author left that out of the book as far as how it went down. Was it awkward? Did Lennox tell her best friend? Something that big should have been given more thought and detail rather than just a few words saying she lost the V card with Dean.
On the split that her and Dean have Lennox starts falling for one of his friends who acts on impulse and then breaks her heart and Lennox is broken at that part. First from Dean and now from this guy. Will she ever find happiness? Especially since he won't tell her why he just disappeared in the middle of the night. 
When she goes to celebrate her best friend getting married she runs into the same guy who broke her heart but will she like the answer he gives her when she confronts him?
We see how Lennox fights with the feelings she had for him while trying to figure out a way to tell Dean because as you know there are no secrets in marriages. 
Will Lennox finally get her happy ending or will she be heartbroken for a lifetime? 
Now this is a romance book but there wasn't much romance. The only thing that really stood out as far as scenes was in the bathroom shower. That is it literally. 
This was a good read for me and I enjoyed it. I thought the author did a good job with going back and forth between the different timelines, I didn't feel lost at all. As far as characters went I like Lennox though I felt she needed to find herself more than finding love. Her best friend I am not quite sure on her exactly. She wanted me to smack her at times but then at others I was okay with her. 
 There is a quote well more like a few sentences within the book that I loved and what to share it with you guys. 
Page 105 "Someone once told me that the choice to have kids was the most selfish act of humankind, but having kids was the most selfless. I didn't get it then, but I did now. We had kids to fulfill some inner desire to procreate versions of ourselves and to experience that unique joy that life could afford us. A selfish act for us, but then having kids shifts that mindset. You no longer live to please yourself, but to please them. You live for them. The most selfish act of your life changes into the most selfless, so here I was trying to be selfless."
 



Over 18 Mature books can be found under D. Hart
I'm a...
Mom
Firefighter Wife
Sister
Sister-In-Law
Daughter
Aunt
Friend
Multi-genre Writer
Reader
and so many other ordinary things.
I love my life and am so grateful for all of the support. I have the courage to live a dream. xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016