#PBwkendread Review DNF: Zom-B by Darren Shan

13528422Title: Zom-B
Author: Darren Shan
Published: Oct. 16, 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pages: 174
Genre: Teens, Horror, Zombies, YA
Review: hardback from library
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 





When news reports start appearing of a zombie outbreak in Ireland, B's racist father thinks it's a joke-- but even if it isn't, he figures, it's ok to lose a few Irish.
B doesn't fully buy into Dad's racism, but figures it's easier to go along with it than to risk the fights and abuse that will surely follow sticking up for Muslims, blacks, or immigrants. And when dodging his fists doesn't work, B doesn't hesitate to take the piss out of kids at school with a few slaps or cruel remarks.
That is, until zombies attack the school. B is forced on a mad dash through the serpentine corridors of high school, making allegiances with anyone with enough gall to fight off their pursuers.


This book is a DNF for me. I read the back of the book and thought this book is right up my alley. I gave up 40 pages into the book. What got me was the names I just could not continue reading because of the names of the characters, I know that sounds horrible to say.  The names are Meths, Kray, La Lips and there are probably more but just when I hit the page 40 I just couldn't anymore. The story seems like it could be pretty good I just will have to pass this up. There may be others who will enjoy this book so give it a try and see if it is something that calls out to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016