Review: Killing Katie (An Affair With Murder #1) by Brian Spangler

25774477
Title: Killing Katie (An Affair With Murder #1)
Author: B.A. (Brian) Spangler
Published: July 7, 2015
Pages: 416
Genre: Murder
Review: Ebook provided by author via Kindle Scout













I was having an affair with murder.
There. I admit it.
And there was no program for me—no rehab or clinic. I couldn’t deny my obsession, my fantasy. Murder.

It was only a matter of time before someone died. And I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop after just one.

So, when the temptations had become too intense, I risked everything for one little taste. Immediately, my life was filled with twists and turns and thrills—the seductive arms of a dark society embracing my desires, relentlessly drawing me in until I'd lost sight of who I was.

But my husband is a police detective and some of my nightly adventures have showed up on his desk. My newfound world, my fantasies, they've bled into my family's lives. No matter what I try, I’m tangled up in a deep web of lies, telling one after another to throw off the suspicions of the man I love and save who we are.

I know people live for the idea that their fantasies can come true. The question I began to ask was should they?


I received this book to give an honest review.

First off the cover and the synopsis called to me on this one. When I started reading the first thing that popped in my mind was this sounds like it is going to be like the TV show Dexter. In some ways I could see it being like that as we learn more about Amy's fantasies and who the people are that become her victims. 
Amy is a normal housewife, her husband is an officer and everything seems to go good for them the only thing is her husband doesn't realize that Amy fantasizes literally about killing people and one in particular her best friend. She has been like this since she was little and as we read on there is some back story to why Amy is the way she is. 
When Amy actually meets someone who is willing to help her out at first she is skeptical and she has every reason to be. Heck I was to, because there is no way I am going to be telling anyone I am looking up ways to kill folks. I don't care who you are if there is a way it is coming back to me than nope you will not find out. 
Then when we find out who exactly he is it is like wow why didn't I think of that, it was a nice little twist to the story, though because of this it starts a domino effect.
Amy's husband being an officer of the law he seemed a bit off to me. It seems he questioned Amy a whole lot which I could understand him doing but it seemed to be over the top at times. Like he was almost controlling but didn't come quite across that way. 
This story has some twists and turns and it makes for a great story to be told. I do want to read book two in this series to see how far is Amy willing to go with her fantasies. 
I liked this author's writing style and plan on reading more from him. 








Brian Spangler
WHO ARE YOU? WHO ARE YOU?
I'M A WALRUS!
Brian Johnson - The Breakfast Club
Who am I?

I'm a resident of Virginia, living with my wife and children, along with three cats (sometimes more), a mouse, parrot, lizard and the funniest chinchilla on the east coast.
Although I live in Virginia, my heart is still in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where I grew up. And I hope that one day, I'll be able to call Philadelphia home again.
Growing up, I liked to read short stories, but struggled with the words. You see, I had a secret: a sad little secret. Ashamed and embarrassed, I was the little kid in the back row of the schoolroom, quietly moving my lips along with the class while everyone read aloud. I couldn't read. I couldn't write. I hoped nobody would notice, but they did. They always did.
By the time I'd reached the fourth grade, my secret wasn't a secret anymore. The teachers knew something was wrong. Dyslexia. Maybe that is why I liked science fiction so much? All those crazy looking glyphs on the screen, glowing, flashing.
The fix? Back to the third grade for me, and then special classes three days a week. It worked. Once I started reading, I never stopped. Stephen King, Piers Anthony, Dean Koontz, and even the Judy Blume books my sisters discarded.
I'm still one of the slowest readers I know, but school was never a problem again. I finally graduated the third grade, and then kept on going until I finished my Masters.

These days, I work as an engineer and spend my nights writing, editing and thinking up the next great story.

Available titles:
Going Gray - Going Gray Short StoryGray Skies – Book 1 of the Gray Skies Series, a Dystopian AdventureBlinded By Sight – Book 2 of the Gray Skies SeriesFrom the Indie Side - Terrific collection of short stories.Superman's Cape – A Paranormal ThrillerAn Order of Coffee and Tears – A Contemporary Women's FictionSilo Saga: Lottery – From Hugh Howey's World of Wool
Upcoming titles:
Union -- Gray Skies Book 3
Glass Horses
Fallen Pages
Cradles In Prison
The Sound
Even Monsters Need Love
The Devil Orders Takeout
Glass Horses




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016