Review: The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes by Christopher Golden and other authors

10869776
Title: The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes
Author: Christopher Golden, David Moody, John M. McIlveen, Nate Kenyon, Dana Stabenow, Tom Piccirilli, Sarah Pinborough,Heather Graham, Jeff Strand, Tananarive Due, Michael Marshall Smith, Gary A. Braunbeck, Lauren Groff, Chelsea Cain, Simon R. Green, Sharyn McCrumb, Kelley Armstrong, David Liss, Kevin J. Anderson, Jonathan Maberry
Published: Sep, 27, 2011
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: 400
Genre: Short stories, semi-horror
Review: Paperback won in a giveaway






An all original anthology from some of todays hottest supernatural writers, featuring stories of monsters from the monster's point of view.
In most stories we get the perspective of the hero, the ordinary, the everyman, but we are all the hero of our own tale, and so it must be true for legions of monsters, from Lucifer to Mordred, from child-thieving fairies to Frankenstein's monster and the Wicked Witch of the West. From our point of view, they may very well be horrible, terrifying monstrosities, but of course they won’t see themselves in the same light, and their point of view is what concerns us in these tales. Demons and goblins, dark gods and aliens, creatures of myth and legend, lurkers in darkness and beasts in human clothing…these are the subjects of The Monster’s Corner. With contributions by Lauren Groff, Chelsea Cain, Simon R. Green, Sharyn McCrumb, Kelley Armstrong, David Liss, Kevin J. Anderson, Jonathan Maberry, and many others. 


#PaperbackFriday

When I entered into this giveaway to read this book I was in love with not only the title but the cover as well it just CALLED to me. Now it took me a while before I could read it as we all know my book list is long! 
Now when I started the book we are given an introduction by Christopher Golden on what he wanted out of this book. He wanted the stories told by the monsters point of view not the humans which I got. He didn't want the normal vampires and zombies that are always told he wanted something different and I was digging that. Then I started reading. Normally I can finish a book within a day or two maybe three days but this one took me almost a full week. Not sure if it was because I was not getting into the short stories or if it was because I have had things to do but it is like I have had to force myself to read it. Now it is far from scary or horror like I thought. Each story is different and unique in its own way and the characters are ones you can either like or not like.  There were a few stories I did enjoy and they pulled me in rather quickly.
1. Torn Stitches, Shattered Glass it was a remake of Frankenstein, but done in a good way. 
2.) Big Man. This one was one of those awww I felt sorry for the dude. I mean he becomes this giant and what got me was the ending of the story when he is holding his son and listening to him talk. 
3. Less of a girl. Oh my let me just say I will never look at an eyeball different again. It was very descriptive and was right up my alley. 
Overall a good book that I believe most will enjoy was it something that I really loved no. Would I read more books like this probably so in the back of the book I did see a book called The New Dead and it looks like it could be a good book to read. 

I wasn't sure how to rate it I was torn between a three and a four and decided I should go with a four even though this book wasn't what I was expecting. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016