Review: Surrender by Jennifer Burrows

22841016
Katherine Anderson was living a dream life. She came from an influential family, had a successful career as a food critic, and was about to marry the man of her dreams. Her life suddenly takes a change for the worse when she finds her fiancé in the arms of another woman. Her dream wedding now cancelled, she tries to find herself in Italy, on a trip she was supposed to be taking with her new husband.

Massimo "Tony" Bertalucci has had his life destroyed by a cartel known to be trafficking black market olive oil out of Italy and around the world. While the cartel thought the entire Bertalucci family was dead and buried, Tony remains very much alive and determined to find a way to get his life back.

When Tony and Katherine’s worlds collide, she becomes Tony’s only hope of escaping Italy alive. What Katherine doesn’t realize is that this charming, unassuming Italian man is using her to save his own life. Will she be able to get back to the states safely, or will she be subjected to the same fate as Tony's family? Will Tony find a way to stop running? Or will he have to surrender his life to the cartel?


I read the blurb and was like this has got to be a good book. Good girl, decent guy, the cartel yep it has to be good.
I sat down around 9:00 this morning and between hanging out with my daughter and doing housework I was finally able to finish this book around 2:30 in the afternoon. It was hard for me to put down as I was wondering where would this book take me.

I was not disappointed at all. Katherine is what I would call normal she has a job as a food critic which I think is totally cool, and one day while going to a restaurant she ends up sick which makes her return home. On returning home she discovers something very horrible her fiance in bed with another woman. Duh, duh dun! I think that is how that goes. With her now ex-fiance cheating on her Katherine decides to head to Italy! Which I think is a great idea as to now she can try to forget Mike and see something new I think that is what she needs. 
Now when she first comes to Italy she meets this handsome green-eyed Italian hunk. He of course has his eyes set on her and it is not for the right reasons or at least not at first. This is where she meets Tony. But there is more to Tony than meets the eye. 
Tony has a past and is being hunted down by the cartel but he doesn't want Katherine to know this because she is his way out of the country.
As we watch these two characters we can see the spark start igniting between them. It starts off with dinners, and then eventually Katherine going with Tony to where he needs answers, and then soon the couple who are not truly a couple end up in trouble. We see how Katherine is able to survive and take the worse kind of punishment she is survivor and I liked that. When she was in trouble she didn't play the victim of giving up, she played the role of she was going to survive this though she wasn't sure how. 
The ending was one I was hoping for. 
The book is full of action, love, heartache and there are some people you just can not trust. It is a good book to sit down and devour if you have the time.

The author did a great job of describing places to visit, dinners to eat, the way the food taste to where I want to visit Italy some day. The way she described seeing places for a tourist I could imagine myself there and that was what I liked. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White