Review: I Just Want To Pee Alone by Stacey Hatton and some Kick Ass Mom Bloggers

17605162
Motherhood is the toughest – and funniest – job you'll ever love. Raising kids is hard work. The pay sucks, your boss is a tyrant, and the working conditions are pitiful – you can't even take a bathroom break without being interrupted with another outrageous demand. Hasn't every mother said it before? “I just want to pee alone!” I Just Want to Pee Alone is a collection of hilarious essays from 37 of the most kick ass mom bloggers on the web. Including: People I Want to Punch in the Throat, Insane in the Mom-Brain, The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva, Baby Sideburns, and Rants From Mommyland. Read hysterical essays like: Embarrassment, Thy Name is Motherhood A Pinterest-Perfect Mom, I am Not And Then There was that Time a Priest Called Me a Terrible Mother So She Thought She Could Cut Off My Stroller



I actually heard about this book in one of my groups on facebook. And when I saw the title I knew I had to go and see the hype. As I was looking about on who all the authors were I knew at least two of the blogs The divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva and Rants From Mommyland. I knew that them two automatically had to be funny.
So I went ahead bought the book and dove right into it. From the beginning I literally was laughing so hard that I had to stop reading. I would repeat the story to my husband and he would just be like oh okay.  I found a majority of the stories hilarious, I could relate to some of them in one way or another. Now there were a few of the stories being told that I just was like umm what? I didn't get entertained, I felt that maybe the book could have done without a few. I think in total it was like 3 or 4 that I didn't enjoy. But hey to each their own.

I really liked where it was said that it takes a village to raise a child especially with humor. And I have learned as a mother that it does and you have to have humor with raising children or you will go crazy and want to curl up and cry, 

If you need a short pick me up a laugh from other moms. Then I suggest you get this book. I will be recommending this book to a lot of my mother friends. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016