Review: Hide and Seek (Part 1 of 3) by: Amy Bird

23201612
My husband has a secret. He just doesn’t know it yet. It’s a secret that some would try to hide from him – and, until now, they’ve succeeded.

But I know Will. I know he would want to discover the truth. Fortunately, I’m here to discover it for him.

Soon there’ll be no more hiding. There’ll be no more lies. And there will be a new start…for us all.
The compelling first part of Hide and Seek by Amy Bird: a new novel, perfect for fans of Gillian Flynn, SJ Watson and Liane Moriarty. Is finding the truth worth losing everything?


I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

So when I saw this and read the blurb I was like okay new author, book sounds right up my alley.
Now this is put into three parts which I think the author could have put all three parts together into one. There isn't much of a cliff hanger but the ending does make you want to get book two so you can find out what is going to happen.
So Will and Ellie are a young married couple who are expecting their first child. How awesome right? I liked Will and Ellie and the humor they had with each other, at times I was laughing at what they would say. 
With Hide and Seek you get to know the two main characters a lot. You can get a feel to the character descriptions. 
Will's mother is a bit weird and I say this because she is like the over bearing mother you hear about and are like 'whoa' thank goodness that is not my mother. But we find out there is a reason she is like this, and that reason is something I didn't even think about. 
So fast forward a bit. I liked Ellie and even though I did I found her to be a bit pushy in some areas I started to kind of wonder what was her real intention in the book. Was it to hurt Will, actually uncover the truth? Or was it to hurt Will's family?
Overall a really good read, and I plan on reading more from this author. The reason I am giving this book a 4 instead of a solid 5 is because of words that were used and I did not understand their meaning. Now I have contacted the author so I am waiting to hear back what the words meant.






Amy Bird
Amy Bird was born in Hampstead, North London, and returned there to live with her husband after moving all around the UK as a child. Her work includes short stories, plays and novels. Her debut 'Yours is Mine', part of a three-book deal with Harlequin digital imprint, Carina UK, reached No. 1 on the Amazon.com Women's Crime chart, and her second book 'Three Steps Behind You' received glowing praise. Part 1 of her new book, 'Hide and Seek', is released for free on 11 September. Amy's favourite issue to write about is identity.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White