Review: The Second Deadly Sin: A Rebecka Martinsson Investigation (Rebecka Martinsson #5) by Åsa Larsson

18310824
At the end of a deadly bear hunt across the wilderness of Northern Sweden, the successful hunters are shaken by a horrifying discovery.

Across in Kurravaara, a woman is murdered with horrific brutality: crude abuse scrawled above her bloodied bed, her young grandson nowhere to be found.

Only Rebecka Martinsson sees a connection. Dropped from the case thanks to a jealous rival, she now stands alone against a killer who brings death to young and old, spawned by a horrifying crime that festers after one hundred years on ice.

I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.
This is A Scandinavian Crime Thriller. 

I enjoy a good mystery book and this was decent for me. I did keep wondering okay who did this. Why did they do this. That is the mystery of it all. The book starts off really strong, you have a bear attack and once the bear is hunted down there is something mysterious in its belly. After that the story takes you onto a murder that has happened in the nearest town. Prosecutor Rebecka Martinsson has her work made out for her. She has a murder to solve and somehow the past all comes together. The answer to the present is in the past. 
Now at times I got confused because the author would use the last names of the officers and prosecutor. I don't like being confused in a story hence the 4 star rating.

Rebecka has to deal with a young and upcoming prosecutor who wants to push her off the case. But Rebecka takes it all into her own hands but what price does she pay? 
With this murder happening, Rebecka takes a look back at the family's past and notices more "accidents" have happened. 
Along with this book taking place in the present we are also taken back into the 1900's where all this pretty much started. I liked the going back and forth between the past and present but at times I felt it was abrupt. As I would get into reading what the dogs found and Marcus the little boy who acts like a wild dog and then bam! In your face you in the past with the school teacher Elina Pettersson. Which when you read her past you get a bit sad. I know there was one part with Elina that I read and I felt so bad for what happened to her. 

If you like mysteries then I would give this book a read. I think I will be reading more from this author in the future.






Åsa LarssonÅsa Larsson is a Swedish crime-writer. Although born in Uppsala, she was raised in Kiruna in the far north. Prior to becoming a full-time writer, Larsson was a tax lawyer, a profession she shares with the heroine of her novels, Rebecka Martinsson.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016