Review: Dance the Moon Down by R.L. Bartram

13765585
After a clandestine romance, Victoria and Gerald marry in January 1914, but with the outbreak of the First World War, Gerald volunteers but within months has gone missing in France. Convinced that he is still alive, Victoria's initial attempts to discover what has become of him implicate her in a murderous assault on Lord Kitchener.


I received this book to give an honest review.

I am not a huge fan of historical books it normally takes me a while to actually get into them and sometimes I get bored. But with this one I just drove right into the story and found myself captured into the life of Victoria. Now at the beginning you get a list of characters which you can refer to if you get confused, but I found myself not even needing to go back and look because there was no confusion. 

This author really pulled me into the world of a wife who truly missed her husband and believed with all her heart that he was still alive. I liked how he was able to create Victoria and wrote her to be a strong-willed, and independent woman when she needed to be. 

World War One was hard on everyone especially back in the days where you had to wait to get word if your loved one was dead or missing and it is very difficult. And the author was able to accurately write a story that showed what people went through during this terrible time. Not only that he wrote the women in the story in a great way that it didn't make them seem weak, it made them seem strong especially when they came together. 

I want to write so much more on this review but I feel as though I would be giving away so much. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016