Review: The Way Home by Anastasia Vitsky

The Way Home
Natalie always wanted a little sister. Kat didn't know she was allowed to want anything...or anyone.

Kat, a shy farm girl, arrives at her freshman dorm with a backpack, a suitcase, and her mother's wish for Kat to attend college "at least until you get married". Her roommate Natalie, a confident and fun-loving social butterfly, decides sight unseen that Kat will become her best friend for life. Natalie teaches Kat about college life, academics, and friendship by taking Kat under her wing...and over her knee.

Then their lives fall apart one fateful night on campus, and for the rest of the decade Kat and Natalie struggle to find their way back to each other. Their way home.

I received this book to give an honest review.

I really wanted to give this book 5 stars! But I just had to give it a 4 rating only because I found myself sometimes lost as to what was going on.
I have to say I love all of this author's covers! There are classy and fit the book.
In The Way Home, you have two people who come together and become the best of friends! Then something tragic happens to Natalie even though you do not get the details you get the concept of what happens. From there on it seems to change the relationship of Kat and Natalie. You get the time frame of college, the years after college, the hospital stay.
But will they ever get back to being where they were before? There was not too much spanking in here, it was more of a friendship type book with a bit of spanking when Kat needed "discipline".
I did wonder about their relationship as though at times they seemed as they could have been closer than just friends but it was never written out in the book as that.
Here are a few reasons on why I gave the book 4 stars.
One part is where she is getting a package, and to ends where she says "and I never order by mail. I shrug." Then it breaks off and you are in the dorm. Was she back to day dreaming?
Another part was Natalie and Kat are taking pictures with Natalie's family. Next thing you know it switches to Natalie having a temper fit, then Kat's mom shaking her (which her mom is not there), then her dad is giving her a pencil. After that Natalie is at her desk, then I guess at a bar? I was totally lost as to what this had to do with the story and why was it bouncing from here to there. Maybe it may make sense to others but it did not for me. I found myself going back about two times after I read it the first time to see if I could understand it better but I did not.
Now the wedding? Okay Natalie got married, but why did she not want her family there exactly? She seemed really close to her family earlier in the book and now she is distancing herself?
One thing that got to me a bit was the repetitive use of Catie-with-a-C.I can understand using it once or twice but the author used it seven times.

My Rating:  4 wine glasses

Find the author:
 
 
 
Buy the book:
 
Free on Amazon right now
 

 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016