Sacrifice (book 3 in the Gryphon Series) by Stacey Rourke


Sacrifice (Gryphon, #3)
Synopsis:

Celeste Garrett has finally found a happy balance in her life as the Chosen One, thanks in large part to a certain hunky Irishman. But if there’s any lesson she should heed since receiving her calling it’s that everything can change in the blink of an eye. Soon a terrible new threat, unlike anything she’s ever encountered, causes her to make a gut-wrenching choice that will strip her of someone she holds dear. 

As much as she’d like to have a pity party for one, there’s no time for that now because wedding bells are ringing in Gainesboro! In between dress fittings and rehearsal dinners Celeste will have to fend off attacking demons and leering pirates. As if the Dark Army wasn’t scary enough our heroine is faced with the horrifying trauma of attending a bachelorette party with her mom and watching Grams do Jello shots. Is a walk down the aisle even possible for a member of the Garrett family when the Dark Army is out to destroy them? More importantly, will the Dark Army Glee Club sing at the reception? 

Raise your glass to the happy couple, and get ready for a wedding…Conduit-style.



My Review:

I received this book from the author to give an honest review.
I wish I could give this book more stars as it deserves it. 

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN where do I even start with this AAAAAAMMMMMAZING book? The beginning, the middle, the end? It was all written so perfectly that I found myself falling yet once again with all the characters, and falling in love with the story line.  

Sacrifice will have you in its clutch from the very beginning and want you wanting more till the very end. There is more action, love, heartache, betrayal, surprises at every turn. I found myself mad at Celeste for the choice she made but at the end it became clear and I figured hey I can't be mad at her look at all she has gone through and she is still standing strong. Any other person could not handle what she has handled. You will fall in love with Rowan and then turn around and hate him for what he will do to Celeste. There is even a WEDDING in Sacrifice! Yes I said it a wedding between who well you just have to read the story to find out.  Now that Alaina is no longer Celeste's spirit guide her and Gabe and get a bit cozy. But now Celeste has a gnome for a spirit guide and she is not very fond of them. Will Celeste make the ultimate  sacrifice for her beloved? As she battles more and more demons and even Titans! The fight scenes were well written and I loved the detail she put into them. 
If you have not read these series! I highly recommend you buy the books and get on the Gryphon train

My Rating: 5 wine glasses



Character Celeste:  Still the ass kicking taking no names Conduit. In this book she is going to have to give up the one thing that she loves the most besides her family. She will learn about dealing with heartache and try to figure out what is up with all these demons appearing.

Character Kendall: She changes a bit in this one after a battle with a spider.

Character Gabe: He is getting MARRIED! Yep that is right he is no longer available lol. There is a scene in the book to where you will cringe a bit on his ass-kicking skills. Made me glad he is on the good side of this fight.

Character Caleb: Something dreadful happens, in the mist of everything. Let's just say I love my Irish guy Caleb. 

Character Rowan: He is sill the smart ass who says he has no feelings for Celeste but we all know he does. He helps her out in her time of need, but then decides he should betray her. 

Character Grams: Oh my what can I say about this lady! She is a straight up character one that will leave you laughing. 


The Cover: Just amazing! As Celeste is an art student or was before she became the Conduit the cover is perfect.


My favorite quotes and scenes from the book that had me laughing:

Page 28: "My best guess is that at some point a bat and a water buffalo got together and had a love child that could miraculously walk on two legs." With one arm still defensively raised, I pointed with the opposite hand. "That would be their love spawn."

Page 81: "My eyebrows shot up and I raised one finger. "Ah! Non of that! I don't want you ... inspiring her in any way, shape or form. Got it? That's my mom. You encouraging her to get freaky is icky."

Page 96: I paused beside my sister and whispered, "way to go, sis. You just gave our seventy-two year old grandmother tips on what she should wear for naughty fun with her sixty-five year old boyfriend."

Now this part is from the bachelorette  scene: 

Page 109: Clad in snakeskin Speedo, Officer Python shimmied for all he was worth right in Alaina's face. That was her breaking point. "Celeste!" She shrieked. "I'm scared! Am I under attack?! Do I slap it?!"





Places to buy the book:

Amazon: it is not out yet, but as soon as it is I will post my link.


Where to find the author:

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5309409.Stacey_Rourke

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/staceyrourkeauthor?fref=ts

Website: http://www.diaryofasemi-crazyauthor.blogspot.com/


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Stacey-Rourke/e/B0062KO148/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Twitter name:@Rourkewrites

Comments

  1. Although I haven't read Sacrifice it's definitely on my to be read list... especially after this review. I've been a fan of the Gryphon series since I read and reviewed book one. Therefore I had no doubts that Stacey wouldn't bring out another fabulous book. Thank you so much for being part of her tour and sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome series!!! I loved every book and Stacey Rourke is a sweetheart. <3 Heather Heslip Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like a good one that I would like to read!! Thanks bunches for the review !!
    cfcbc@netzero.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on the review, the book sounds like one I should definitely add to my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016