Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning and the Realm book 1) by Lisa Morgan


Phoenix Rising (Maggie Henning & The Realm: Book 1)   Published: December 20, 2011
                                                             A SIN B006OMPPX0

Synopsis:  
Maggie has lived the last ten years with a woman who isn't her mother and carrying the label "Daughter of John Henning", a man sentenced to live out his days at Sunnyview Psychiatric Hospital after his conviction of fire bombing a church...

and killing the 8 people inside.

What Maggie learns will change her life. 
She is the last of a race of creatures known as "The Phoenix", a race of supernatural beings with the ability to wield and control fire.

And she will need that power now...

Revenants- walking, living, skeletal creatures who have waged a war against an unseen, parallel world known simply as The Realm- need Maggie's blood to bring them to a full power...a power that will give them an unbeatable edge and offer the deciding weapon in this war.

Maggie is not alone as she learns not only what she really is, but what it is her destiny to become...







My Review:


I received this book Young Adult and Teen Readers to give an honest review. 

Wow! Where do I start with this book. From the very beginning I was captured, I did not want to put this book down for nothing. 

Maggie is the last of the Phoenix, she was a regular teenager who was picked on in school because of her father. She soon learns that she has powers and there will soon be a fight for her and mankind. There is more to Maggie then meets the eye. And she learns the truth about so many things in her life, as she goes on her journey she falls in love and learns about heartache. 

I loved the character Maggie! She was just what I would expect a teenager to act like. She is courageous, lovable, and was very well thought out.

I have to say I enjoyed the character name Autumn I guess because that is my name and I have never seen it in a book. 

Then there is the fairy Seatha who was tough but funny. Both Autumn (the witch) and Seatha they do not quite understand the world of humans so in this book the way they acted you could just find yourself laughing. 

Now in comes the brothers Michel and Luc, both were great characters to fall in love with. I found myself torn between liking Michel and Luc. Michel was very genuine and didn't mind showing his feelings. Luc on the other hand was hard because of the tough things that has happened in his life. 

Now towards the end of the book there was a new character that came into play. Davis the werewolf who Maggie meets, and the stories that Davis tells are funny and Davis becomes very likable.

I love how the author wrote in about the garden where the flowers grew. It was very very touching, wish that would really happen in real life.

I really can not wait to read book 2 in this series! I want to know what is Maggie going to do? Is Luc coming back? And will there be a war? 

Phoenix Rising has everything you could ask for in a book, the paranormal, vampires, love, action, the whole good vs. evil going on. I highly recommend you go and pick yourself up a copy. :D

My Rating: 5 wine glasses though I wish I could give it more. 




Where you can find the author:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-C-Morgan-Author/322116171151749

http://maggiehenningandtherealm.weebly.com/index.html

http://thefinalphoenix.blogspot.com/

Places to buy the book:

Amazon eBook version: http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Rising-Maggie-Henning-ebook/dp/B008MOBHL2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1347981951&sr=8-11&keywords=Phoenix+Rising


Barnes and Noble eBook version: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/phoenix-rising-lisa-c-morgan/1108147890?ean=2940014954877

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016