The Perfect Child by Lucinda Berry

40886917

Title: The Perfect Child
Author: Lucinda Berry
Published: March 1, 2019
Publisher: Thomas and Mercer
Pages: 364
Genre: Thriller
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 






Christopher and Hannah are a happily married surgeon and nurse with picture-perfect lives. All that’s missing is a child. When Janie, an abandoned six-year-old, turns up at their hospital, Christopher forms an instant connection with her, and he convinces Hannah they should take her home as their own.
But Janie is no ordinary child, and her damaged psyche proves to be more than her new parents were expecting. Janie is fiercely devoted to Christopher, but she acts out in increasingly disturbing ways, directing all her rage at Hannah. Unable to bond with Janie, Hannah is drowning under the pressure, and Christopher refuses to see Janie’s true nature.
Hannah knows that Janie is manipulating Christopher and isolating him from her, despite Hannah’s attempts to bring them all together. But as Janie’s behavior threatens to tear Christopher and Hannah apart, the truth behind Janie’s past may be enough to push them all over the edge



This book had been sitting on my kindle shelf for a while. One day I decided I need to read a book that was not a review book just something fun. This was an amazing but mind blowing story. I literally was turning the pages as fast as I could. I needed to see where this story was going to go, I had to know what was going to happen, who was going to get hurt. I didn't expect it to be so mind blowing. We are introduced to Hannah and Christopher who seem like an amazing couple. They have their life all figured out. Now when Janie enters their life they know it will be hard to get her use to living life as she has had a hard life. Like something of nightmares and things you read about in the news. As the story progresses and we just see how sweet Christopher and Hannah are by bringing this child into their life yet, unknown to them everything will turn upside down. I felt for Hannah on so many levels because it was like Christopher wasn't listening to her and she was calling for help so to speak. She knew something was wrong with Janie but it was like he didn't want to believe it. I can't imagine bringing a child into your home only to have them do things that are disturbing and that is as far as I can write. I feel like I would give too much away. Now as much as I really enjoyed this book I felt the ending didn't work out too good. I felt it lacked a proper closing. 
Characters were on point from the way they were acting, to feeling, to handling situations. Minus Christopher he is a a--bag husband. This book will mess with your head I know it did mine, but it was so good that I didn't want to put it down. 


Dr. Lucinda Berry's background is as unique as her stories. She has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology, specializing in trauma and children. She uses her clinical experience to create compelling stories that blur the lines between fiction and nonfiction. If you want to contact her or be notified of upcoming new releases, please visit: https://about.me/Lucindaberry
Lucinda Berry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White