NetGalley: Sister of Mine by Laurie Petrou


39191479

Title: Sister of Mine
Author: Laurie Petrou
Published: Aug. 7, 2018
Publisher: Crooked Lane Books
Pages: 304
Genre: Mystery
Review: ebook provided by NetGalley and publisher
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk-audio book



When is a debt ever fully paid?
Penny and Hattie are sisters in a small town, bound tight to the point of knots. They share a secret they cannot escape, even while it pulls them apart. One night, a match is lit, and Penny’s terrible husband is killed – a marriage going up in flames, and offering the potential of a new life. The sisters retreat into their family home – a house of secrets and memories – and try to live in the shadow of what they put in motion. But Penny’s husband is not the only thing they are hiding, from the outside world and from each other. Under a cloud of long-held resentments, sibling rivalry, and debts unpaid, the bonds of sisterhood begin to crack. How long will Penny and Hattie demand the unthinkable of each other? How often will they say, “You owe me,” and when will it ever be enough?
 

I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

Peggy and Hattie are very very close as sisters, they will do anything for each other. Yet as much as they owe each other for things that have been done for them it seems to never be enough. As we read on we see what causes the rift between the two sisters and how it seems neither can move far from the other because they both need each other.
As the story moves along at a good pace we see what each sister has done for the other and we see the changes start happening between them. Within the pages you can start to feel the jealousy and the anger among other feelings. The sisters were really well developed as characters and I loved how different they were from each other and were willing to protect all they had even though their relationship wasn't easy going or perfect. Overall a really good story with good characters and a steady plot. When everything comes together it is amazing how well the author made it all work out. 





Laurie PetrouAuthor, Professor, PhD, drinker of tea.Most of my adventures take place inside books. I am, I think, part Hobbit: I love my books, my armchair, my garden... but I am not at all stealth (was once described as a Clydesdale for the way I clomp around the house). My 2nd book, Sister of Mine, won the inaugural Half the World Award, and was released in Canada in April, 2018 with HarperCollins and in August 2018 with Crooked Lane Books. I cannot wait for you to read it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016