Character Interview" Princess Elara from A Most Unusual Princess

Meet the Character Day! A Chat with Princess Elara
By Kelli A. Wilkins


Hello romance lovers! Today we’re chatting with Princess Elara, the heroine from A Most Unusual Princess by Kelli A. Wilkins. Let’s see what makes her tick.

Q: Greetings, Princess Elara. A Most Unusual Princess is the first book in a series of historical/fantasy novels. Can you tell us about the trilogy?
Certainly. As some readers may already know, A Most Unusual Princess is the first story in a trilogy that also includes A Most Intriguing Temptation and A Most Unfortunate Prince. Although the books are related, each stands alone as an individual read.

A Most Unusual Princess introduces readers to me and my hero, Dalton. My father is searching for a proper husband for me, and Dalton acts as my special guard. In the second book, A Most Intriguing Temptation, I follow Dalton and my brother, Prince Allan, to a sultan’s palace and get into a bit of trouble. A Most Unfortunate Prince (the last book in the series) is all about Allan’s banishment from the kingdom and his journey as he finds true love. Dalton and I are also in the story, and we play a central role in the ending.

Q: Tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?
I’m a princess and I’ve been pampered and sheltered my entire life. Some people might find that the perfect arrangement, but for me, it’s always been suffocating. I hate being told what to wear, how to speak, and I’m never allowed to have any fun. My brothers are free to do whatever they please while I’m forced to act like a lady. Bah!

Lately I’ve been acting out a lot. I’ve been called headstrong, spoiled, too opinionated, and unmanageable. It’s not my fault, though. I’m an intelligent (and very pretty) young woman who doesn’t appreciate being talked down to just because I’m female.

My father decided I was old enough to be married and wanted to find me a husband. I told him I could find my own husband and would only marry someone I loved; not some dull prince who only wanted me for my dowry.

Kelli started writing my story just before the search for my husband began. She was kind enough to see past all of my so-called faults and realized that deep down I’m a sensitive, caring individual who just wants to be loved. Meeting Dalton changed me for the better.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?
Dalton is unlike any other man I have encountered before. We met under very unusual circumstances (I was undressed and bathing in a pond) and he… well, he thought the whole thing was amusing. At the time I didn’t think I’d ever see him again, but then he turned out to be my special guard. Imagine! As we spent time together, I realized that Dalton was strong, brave, and not easily swayed by my tantrums or tricks. He understood me and treated me like an equal. And I loved him even more for that. (He also acted a bit naughty, which I also liked!)

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner?
In the story, we make use of a settee and my bed. But one night after the story ended, Dalton and I went back to the pond where we first met. We did all the naughty things there that we had only fantasized about doing before. It was fun fooling around outside in the dark, and it’s something I’m sure we’ll do again soon.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure-fire trick he can do?
All Dalton needs to do is kiss me or touch me—anywhere. The feel of his hands running down my body, light kisses on my stomach, touching my backside… Anything he does makes me eager for him, and he knows it!

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive him wildin and out of bed?
Dalton’s secret spot is along the side of his neck, right near his ear. A lick, a kiss, and he melts in my arms. He also likes me to rub his back and chest. I certainly don’t mind. (Giggles.) He’s strong and muscular and just touching him drives me wild too!

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in A Most Unusual Princess?
Well… the story starts off with Dalton catching me nude in a bathing pond. It would have been embarrassing enough to be seen like that, but I wasn’t exactly bathing… I was… how did Dalton put it… touching myself to relieve a bit of tension. (If you know what I mean.) A girl is entitled to her privacy! Later, Dalton teased me about it without mercy.

Q: Kelli has written a lot of romances in all genres in all heat levels. How does she switch back and forth so easily?
I’ve been curious about this myself, so I asked some of her other characters. They said that each book comes to her in a different form. Sometimes an entire story “jumps” into her head, and she’ll know everything that happens to the characters. (That happened with A Deceptive Match, Loving a Wild Stranger, A Most Unusual Princess, and The Viking’s Witch.)

Other times, she gets bits of the story and parts of the characters. Once in a while, she’ll have a character come first and then the other pieces of the book fall into place, like a puzzle. (That happened with Dangerous Indenture, Lies, Love & Redemption, and A Secret Match.)

Before Kelli starts a book, she needs to know who the characters are and what’s going to happen to them. After that, she outlines the scenes and starts writing. She says that writing a new book is always an adventure, and she never knows where the characters or stories will take her.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?
Although A Most Unusual Princess is the first book in the series, all of our stories stand alone as individual reads—and I encourage readers to catch up on all of our adventures. I’m content with the way the trilogy ends—and I know that readers will be satisfied (in many ways!).

Kelli has written several fantastic books in all genres, and I wish I could have a crossover with a few of her other characters. We would have a lot of fun together.

Talking with readers was fun! I’ll ask Dalton and Allan to answer a few questions in another chat!

Thank you, Princess Elara, for joining us today. Readers can find all of Kelli A. Wilkins’s books at www.amazon.com/author/kelliwilkins and www.KelliWilkins.com.


A Most Unusual Princess

Princess Elara needs to find a royal husband, but claims that no man can satisfy her. Her father hires Dalton, a special guard, to watch over her while she’s courting suitors. Dalton finds her unusual behaviors charming—and enthralling.

Dalton’s aloof manner intrigues Elara, and despite their differences, they share tender moments and intimate nighttime encounters. Elara is heartbroken when her father chooses a “proper” husband for her—until she meets the mystery man.

Bonus! This e-book includes a sneak peek at the second book in the Royal Desires series: A Most Intriguing Temptation.


Dalton walked past her and entered her bedchamber. She stood in the doorway while he searched the wardrobes and looked under the bed. After last night’s fright, she was taking no chances.
There’s nothing… a-ha! What’s this?” He pulled a white silk stocking out from under the bed and waved it in the air.
Put that down.” She raced into the room and lunged for the stocking. Dalton held it over his head.
Is this what a princess wears beneath her dress?”
Give that to me.” She knocked him backward onto the bed and pounced on him.
This would make a nice remembrance,” he said, keeping the stocking out of her reach.
Beast!” She squirmed as they playfully struggled for the stocking. A moment later, Dalton turned his head and his lips brushed against hers.
She gasped. Dalton had stopped laughing and was staring up at her. She closed her eyes and felt his finger caress her cheek.
You’re beautiful,” he whispered.
The next thing she knew, Dalton’s mouth covered hers. The feel of his warm, moist lips sent a searing heat through her. After a few seconds of heaven, he pulled away.
I should not have done that.”
She licked her lips. “I’m glad you did. It was nice.” Her heart hammered out of control, and her lower body throbbed. This was the feeling she was supposed to have when she met with her suitors. “Kiss me again.”
With pleasure.”
Dalton curled his arms around her and pulled her down onto him. His mouth moved against hers, and fire flashed between her legs. She kissed him, tentatively at first, then with more passion as she was swept away by desire.
He slid his hands across her back and down to her buttocks. She moaned as he squeezed her through her dress. Was this what it felt like to have a man make love to her? Every night should be like this.
She ignored a faint rapping on the sitting room door. It was probably a lady-in-waiting coming to undress her for bed. She needed no help with her clothes tonight. Dalton was here, he could remove her dress and then…
Elara?”
Dalton broke the kiss and bolted upright. “It’s your father!”
***

***The Royal Desires series is available on Amazon & other platforms. Catch this hot historical/fantasy trilogy from the start:

Book 1: A Most Unusual Princess:
All other platforms: https://books2read.com/u/me00L9

Book 2: A Most Intriguing Temptation:
All other platforms: https://books2read.com/u/47kkvj

Book 3: A Most Unfortunate Prince:
All other platforms: https://books2read.com/u/3yPPM6


Kelli A. Wilkins is an award-winning author who has published more than 100 short stories, 19 romance novels, and 5 non-fiction books.

Her romances span many genres and heat levels, and she’s also been known to scare readers with her horror stories.

Kelli’s writing book, You Can Write—Really! A Beginner’s Guide to Writing Fiction is a fun and informative guide filled with writing exercises and helpful tips all authors can use.

Her Gothic historical romance, Redemption from a Dark Past will be released in June 2018.
Visit her website
www.KelliWilkins.com and blog http://kelliwilkinsauthor.blogspot.com/ to learn more about all of her writings.

Website: http://www.KelliWilkins.com
Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/HVQqb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White